1,347 results
All reviews temple bar handel hotel great location church bells quiet street dublin castle central location triple room hot water night life reception staff few minutes walk bars and restaurants trinity college airport bus apartment oscars
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed with two friends in a triple room.
Great sized room. Great location at the top of temple bar area. Easily accessible to all areas of interest. Clean and lovely decor. Would highly recommend as a base for all visiting Dublin.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank siobhans119
SineadG124, Manager at Handels Hotel Temple Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Siobhan,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

I am delighted to read all of your feedback and comments. We are a small property so our customer service is really important to us so I am so pleased this was reflected during your time with us.

I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and hope we can welcome you back to us again in the future. Please remember to contact us directly to avail of the best rates possible.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I was very happy that I booked this hotel. The room was attractive, with crushed velvet headboard and pillows. The bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water.The breakfast set me up for the day and the food is of a high standard. There was plenty to do and see in the surrounding area. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly reception staff. An enjoyable stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
SineadG124, Manager at Handels Hotel Temple Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Lucy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted you liked our location and I will pass on your kind words to all of the team and the staff in Oscars Cafe Bar.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the coming months.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived early into Dublin and has to find accommodation. We were lucky enough to find this motel. We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The room was average size and the shower was over the bath. It was very clean. A pub connected to the motel was great. Lots of happy patrons.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We were supposed to stay here for 5 nights. When we checked into our room we realized there was no AC at all just a small window and a small fan (this information was not provided online when we booked the hotel). When we spoke to the front desk about the room being hot and our lack of sleep (it was the middle of July in the middle of a heatwave!) their only resolution was to give us a different room (that also did not have AC) . We ended up leaving and booking another hotel nearby with AC. We spoke to the manager and said we were cancelling the rest of our stay and at first they would not refund us any of our money for the four other nights we were not staying. It took three days of arguing back and forth and contacting hotels.com to get some form of refund (about half of what we initially paid). I would not recommend this hotel at all especially during the summer months!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write this l review.

I am disappointed in your feedback as we do not advertise that we have air con and couldn't have advised as such prior to your arrival had you queried this with us. You were refunded part of your stay even though you were within our cancellation email so I feel we acted fairly given the situation. It was unusually hot in Dublin this summer and we do always try and make our guests as comfortable as possible during their stay with us.

I do hope you enjoyed your time in Dublin all the same and perhaps we could welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Must say was not happy with this hotel we travel a lot for concerts and decided to stay here for a change,, check in was fine but later that evening we asked for a taxi and were told that our destination is only ten minutes walk I said I know but we are in a rush and need a taxi we felt we were putting the girl at reception work as she did not seem happy we could tell by the demeanor later that night instead of going to town we decided to return for a few drinks at 10:30, we were informed at the bar that last orders were called as it was just too quite, my wife said we would have a cocktail and asked for the menu again with a bit of an attitude the bar person laughed and said it's all in my head we don't need menus,, that's great for him but we wanted to know what types of cocktails instead of him calling them all out which I'm sure he didn't want to do,I asked was their a residency bar and was again with a bit of a laugh ya this is it and we're closing, so for a nearly 4 star hotel service a bit poor bed poor rooms too warm no air and I will never understand why a hotel pay a chef to cook food when sausages arrive out to the table after being cooked in a deep fat fryer also the hash brown,just pure grease, we have booked jury's for our next stay for a concert in the olympia

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do appreciate all of our guests feedback.

I have spoken to the receptionist on duty and she was upset about the misunderstanding. She was informing you of the distance as you may not have realized it was so close and she was trying to save you the taxi fare/short trip as that time in the evening in Temple Bar, Taxis can be slow to arrive. I have also informed the team in Oscars Cafe bar of your comments, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We are a small property which isn't 4 star, we are a 3 star hotel but take pride in our customer service and offering good quality in comparison to other 3 star hotels in the area.

I hope we can welcome you back to us on another occasion. Please remember to contact us directly to avail of the best rates possible.