“Our bathroom was so amazing I had 2 baths!”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 July 2011

It was so simple to get to with the airport coach stopping right outside and the quirky and yet addictive design of the hotel were a direct hit! Bags dropped off in our room and aimed to be in the restaurant in 5 mins, so wowed by our room and fantastic bathroom that I just needed to fit in a bath! Finally torn away from my room we went downstairs to the restaurant, had great tasting food in the restaurant which had a great atmosphere. Only regret, is I wished we had been able to boogie in the club, but sadly we had to see our friends in town!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Me and my boyfriend visited for a long city break for my twenty-first birthday, staying in a hampton luxury room. The room was fantastic but there were the little things that stopped it being the perfect stay.

The hotel in general needed a lick of paint. The walls were grubby and marked, which gave the whole place an air of disrepair and disregard. Our room was also close to the nightclub, which made it quite noisy. It wouldn't have been so bad had we been allowed in, but the one night we went to go in we were told it was over 25s only, despite us being guests (On checking the website today to confirm this, it says that it accepts all guests, so perhaps this has changed recently) so that sort of spoilt the one night for us.

The staff, however, were generally friendly. The woman who checked us in was really helpful, giving us a guide to Dublin and plenty of information to help us settle in. However, we spoke to one member of staff on reception one day to ask if our room had been missed out of the cleaning because we returned around 4:30pm and our bed hadn't been made. She replied snappily that they weren't finished and that we should be patient! In my opinion, rooms should really be cleaned by midday so it doesn't interfere with the guest's day.

The food in the restaurant is good, but there are better places to eat. We only ate there on the first evening but had paid for breakfast in advance, which was a bad move. We paid 10 euros in advance but your choice from the menu was limited. We were told we could have the Irish breakfast (which was about 15) or a continental that was 5 euros. One day I asked could I have an option that was 8 euros, and despite being cheaper than what I paid, wasn't allowed to change.

I enjoyed my visit but the small niggles plus the location would mean that I probably won't be booking again when I return later this year.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We arrived at the hotel from Dublin Airport by Air coach which conveniently stops opposite the hotel.

Check-in was prompt and the receptionist very friendly. We were allocated a room on the 4th floor which was clean and comfortable with a large two-basin bathroom. We did not encounter any noise from the nightclub.

The hotel is about a 25 minute walk, that takes you through beautiful St Stevens Green, to the centre of the city.

The hotel provides an excellent breakfast which was included in the tariff.

Sandymount railway station is an easy walk from the hotel and from there you can go north to the fishing village of Howth or follow the coastline down to Greymouth. Both towns are worth a visit.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and efficient and we were well looked after during our week at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kuffsUmina
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We loved everything about the Hampton, our room was spacious, it had a huge Flat Screen TV, the gas fireplace was lovely.
The bed was comfortable and we slept well, no noise at all from the street. The free Wifi and off street parking is a bonus.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2011

First time visiting Dublin in a few years and was over for a family wedding. Had heard great things about the hotel from friends who have stayed here previously. At first thought they were a little over enthusiastic but having stayed there now I entirely agree. The staff were friendly and helpful in a way that was far beyond professional requirements and made myself and my partner feel very welcome. Our room was stunning and the facilities were excellent. Ordered room service which arrived promptly and was a tasty snack. Only stayed one night but would highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay again, wish we could have stayed longer this time.

Room Tip: book early and be aware of events occurring.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AndrewGwilliam
Reviewed 20 June 2011

As a group of 6 women (one being 6 months pregnant), we booked this hotel on the web in order to go and see the Take That concert. The hotel looked lovely on the web so as you can imagine we were very excited about our stay. We tried to contact the hotel on several occasions to check details about our booking, however, althought the phone rang out nobody ever answered it. In the end, my friend emailed the hotel to inform them of our early flight and to see if we could check in a bit earlier. A reply was sent back saying they would do their upmost to ensure an earlier check in.
This was not the case. We had to wait in the lounge until 3pm until we could check in. The hospitality was appauling. We were made to feel as though we were in the way and we were never once offered a drink or biscuits whilst we waited ( 7 hours!!!). In the end we asked for drinks especially for our pregnant friend which the receptionist reluctantly provided.
On checking in (when we eventually got to do it), we were never told that we would be above a nightclub. We had the worst night sleep as the loud music went on until 4am. My friend phoned down to reception several times to complain and was unsympathetically advised to basically get on with it and to speak to the manager in the morning.
The next day we went to the reception to complain only for the very rude receptionist, Marina, to walk away mid conversation and deal with another customer. This was seen by another member of staff who profusly apologised on her behalf. We were also informed that there was no manager or deputy manager available to speak to and to phone the number on the website to complain - the number which nobody ever answers!!
I would definatley say that this hotel is a waste of money and should not be classed as a boutique hotel. In fact you are paying over inflated prices for a flat screen TV and fancy fire. I feel you get a much nicer room, hospitality and approachable and sympathetic staff at a travel lodge. This hotel is definately not child friendly and if you want a decent nights sleep I suggest you look elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank twinmummy1
hamptonhotel, Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Dear twinmummy1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at hampton hotel.

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us at the hampton hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, so I am very disappointed to hear about your experiences.

All of our guests can enjoy their rooms until 12pm on the day of check out; guaranteed check in time is 2pm but, whenever possible, we will gladly check in our guests earlier than that. I was concerned to hear you had to wait until after 3pm for your rooms and have consulted our records. Your room keys were issued at 12.15pm, 1.30pm and 1.45pm, as soon as your rooms were cleaned.

Vanilla Nightclub has the latest technology in sound system and sound insulation and I am sorry to hear you were kept awake. Please note that Vanilla Nightclub is open Fridays and Saturdays only until 2.30am

As you have already contacted us via email also, I will be in touch with you to discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards,
Christiane Foller
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My partner and I arranged our Civil Partnership Ceremony and Reception at the Hampton Hotel on 2nd of June 2011. Having invited over 90 people, looked at several other venues and dealt with quite a number of other hotel personnel before booking the Hampton, the minute we walked into the hotel, we knew we had found the perfect place.

The Menu : They have extensive options to suit any budget. If you are considering the Hampton for a wedding or similar event, use the menu options as a guideline as they are more than happy to put together a menu to suit you. We met the Head Chef, Sean, who is a Michelin star chef, and he could not have been more accommodating. We had a menu tasting a couple of weeks before the event and the Chef's main concern was that WE were happy with the menu and the way in which he prepared the food. He even changed the way he cooked a particular item on the menu to suit us which not many chefs would be prepared to do.

The Hotel : The Hotel is a 24 room boutique hotel with a superior feel to it without the air of formality which some luxury hotels have. The room we had our ceremony in was perfect - we filled it to capacity but it didn't feel cramped. The diningroom for our reception was big and fitted the 10 tables with ample room then for dancing later in the evening. The bar has a modern and very classy feel to it. Outside there is a marquee style seating area and, as we were extremely lucky to have a lovely sunny day for our wedding, we had our Prosecco and strawberries reception outside. After dinner, those who were not too interested in the music, adjourned outside again where the seating area was surrounded by fairy lights which was beautiful. The bedrooms were huge - modern, airy and our guests were given a reduced overnight rate for being part of the wedding party.

I have genuinely never experienced the level of customer service which we were afforded at the Hampton. Throughout the arranging of the whole event, they were profession, extremely flexible and accommodating, and friendly. It was a case of whatever we wanted, we could have and not with an air of trying to rip us off - far from it. We never encountered a single problem during the course of arranging the event, nor with the quality of service and quality of food etc on the day. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for such an event. Our guests enjoyed it so much that a group went back to the hotel the following evening for the hotel's Friday Night BBQ, which we will definitely be giving a go during the summer.

Our sincere thanks to Paul, Christina, Chef Sean and Gudrun who collectively made our "Special Day" exactly what it was, special.

• Stayed: June 2011