“Hotel is a nightclub”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 September 2011

On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays this hotel turns into a nightclub and its not possible to get some sleep untill 2.30 in the morning. I would never book this hotel again. The information about this nightclub on the hotels website is wrong and not fair towards the customer. At least they promised to change that. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank peter_ben_11

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were greeted with such warm hospitality. The girls at the front desk were so helpful answering all our questions. The accomodations were 5 star and the resturant had the most delicious breakfast that we decided to have dinner on one our nights there. On our next trip to Ireland we will definitely plan to stay at The Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2011

From the front desk staff through to the housekeeping and room service staff, everyone at the Hampton does their very best to make your stay an enjoyable one. My complaints have to do with the room in which I stayed. Lack of storage space was a big issue for me, since my stay was a matter of weeks rather than days. A dresser would have been very helpful. Also, I usually use the room safe when I stay in a hotel, and the safe in this room was so high up in the closet that I had to climb on a chair to reach it (I'm 5'6" tall). Also, if you do stay here request a room away from the front of the hotel. On the weekend, noise from patrons of the nightclub can last until well after its 3am closing time. (Rachel did offer me a room change). Despite the shortcomings of this hotel, I would probably stay at the Hampton again. It's in a beautiful neighbourhood; both the Dublin City bus and the Airport Coach are right at the doorstep, and, in my opinion great hotel staff really make a place worth staying in.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DrJGToronto
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Having read some reviews on this site about the hotel, we contacted the manager in advance of our arrival requesting a quiet room. That is exactly what we got. We never heard a sound from outside or inside and slept peacefully on very comfortable beds. The front desk staff, especially Rachel, responded cheerfully and helpfully to every query. Rooms were well cleaned each day of our stay and replenished with excellent toiletries. It is a bit of a hike to the center of town on foot although quite doable. However, there is excellent bus service outside the door which will take you anywhere you need to go. The gourmet market down the road has an upstairs restaurant which is very convenient and reasonable. There were no disappointments.

Room Tip: Upper floor in rear is best
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank mudwoman
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I were traveling through Dublin. We were in Dublin for 5 days the previous week, at the Westbury (excellent). We were ovennighting before returning home--we're an upbeat, generally tolerant couple (late 40's) living in Western Canada. For understanding, we can afford and choose to pay a bit more when we feel it is worth it--we are not billionaires and spend wisely. In this case we were looking for a very nice hotel with a great bed, shower, and amenities before being on planes and airports for about 16 hours.

The hotel is great. The beds were great. The front desk staff were helpful--arranging for a table at a local restaurant. All seemed 100% great, until...............

We had a hint at check-in that there was a birthday party for a 21 year old that night. A problem? At about 300 Euro for the night, we assumed no problem, they would contain things. We are very tolerant folks...we have teenagers so we understand the meaning of the owrd "party".

At about 11PM, with VERY loud music playing on the patio--I am a drummer so I like loud at the right time and place--I called the front desk to ask when this was expected to calm down. The front desk person said "I know it is really loud, I apologize, but the service stops for them at 11:30. I will do my best to quiet things by shutting some of the doors that open to the outside".

At just before 3am local time, after being pretty well unable to sleep until that point, I took the photo in this review. VERY loud, 30 feet from my window, taxis coming and going....

In the morning, when we checked out, I said to the front desk lady: "that was really bad". She agreed and said the front desk guy from the previous night had said he had had problems. She was very nice and apologized--I asked how I could get consideration for the misleading description of the hotel. I said I had a picture of the front of the hotel at 3am. She advised to send a note to Mr. -- Gorisch, which I did two days after we were back in Canada (September 1). I did it via Outlook with "receipt requested".

After no response, I followed up with another e-mail on September 10 saying I had had no response.

Until now, every post I've made on this site is to share positive experiences. It bothers me I feel the need to post something negative. But, when I thought about it, I know I have learned from the experiences of others--both postive and not--and that I owe it to those who have taken the time to provide my own data.

Hence the title of this...if you go, ask questions that we did not. It was a horrible experience, exacerbated by the lack of follow up. The only reason why this is not a "1" is becasue of the effort of the front desk staff. They desrve a 5, but as for the rest??? Something appears to be amiss upstairs....

Cheers

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank InThePeg
hamptonhotel, Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear InThePeg,

Thank you for your review and the kind words about our front desk staff.

I am concerned to hear that you believe we have not responded to you. I personally responded to both of your emails.

Vanilla Nightclub has the latest technology in sound system and sound insulation and I am sorry to hear you were kept awake. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss your concerns in more on christiane.foller@hamptonhotel.ie

Kind Regards,
Christiane Foller
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Don't go to this hotel if you want to stay in the hotel you book.
We won't book a room there ever again! We stayed there two nights (2/4 Sept.) and found our reservation the day before our flight back to Amsterdam cancelled when we arrived on 9 Sept.at 14:30, after our trip to Gallway. With a very poor excuse and a totally unacceptable alternative in a hospital-like hotel nearby, where we could not even park our car because the parking was full. If you want a less expensive and better alternative (at walking distance: try the Pembroke Quest house.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterAlmere
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions and have never been disappointed . Rachel handled my reservation and she was extremely professional and so welcoming and friendly .

The rooms in this hotel are amazing, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Bathrooms are bright & spacious .

Breakfast was served promptly. Only down side I would say is that it's served in the bar .

Worth a visit And very well priced for location

• Stayed: July 2011