“Favorite hotel in Dublin!!”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #26 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Favorite hotel in Dublin!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I've probably stayed at the Hampton Hotel 4 or 5 times now. It's location is perfect- it's in Donnybrook which is a very cute area just outside of the city center. You are within walking distance to a beautiful park, cafes, restaurants and pubs. There isn't as much hustle and bustle as staying in the city center. It's also on the main bus line that goes into the city center, or if the bus isn't your style- a quick taxi ride. You can probably even walk into the city center if you wanted. The hotel is fantastic! The staff are welcoming, nice and beyond accommodating. It's a beautiful boutique style hotel with a fun flair. The rooms are spacious, and beautiful! Each room has a faux fireplace and are colorfully decorated. I can not recommend this hotel enough! Hampton Hotel is my favorite boutique hotel I've ever stayed in (and I travel A LOT). Love staying here! Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Greek first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I decided to take my girlfriend to Dublin as she had never been there before. I wanted a Hotel that was within walking distance from the city centre, but not too close to the hustle and bustle of the city. The Hampton Hotel was perfect! The room we had was unreal! The bed was very comfortable and could fit at least 4 people, the bathroom had a bath for two people and everything was spic and span! The staff were always very helpful. It really made our stay in Dublin something to remember!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CHRISTOPHE G
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My partner and I had a fabulous stay here and fairly recommend. The hotel has a warm feel with amazing decor. We stayed in room 300, which is outstanding! All the staff were more than helpful. Would have liked to have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2012
Dun Laoghaire
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had a 3 course meal here with my husband, last Sunday. We live near Dun Laoghaire and would not usually go to the city for a meal but I had got a voucher for it. I have to say it was a most enjoyable meal. There were plenty of choices yet not too many. I had duck spring roll and my husband had goats cheese salad for starters. We both had atlantic cod on risotto for mains. I must have had a bad experience with risotto once upon a time; I don't remember; so I never order risotto. However, I wanted the fish and it came with the risotto so I thought well I don't have to eat the risotto. If there ever was a bad experience it is now forgotten - the risotto was out of this world. I accept that because I never ate risotto I may not be a good judge but, for me, it was divine. The cod was lovely and we had mushrooms on the side. We then had creme brulee and that was delicious too. Service was pleasant so, all in all, big thumbs up!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The rooms are brilliant—big, comfortable, with fantastic beds and large bathrooms. The restaurant is not amazing, but it's all right; there's all-night room service, and breakfast is great. The staff was always extremely helpful.

The hotel is about 30-40 minutes on foot from Temple Bar, but it's an easy straightforward path.

My only real issue with the Hampton Hotel was the wi-fi, which wasn't reliable at all—service was spotty and kept crashing. It was fine for checking emails and whatnot, but prolonged browsing, downloading and gaming were out of the question.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends for one night in december 2011.The rooms are spotless clean, spacious and well furnished. The flat screen tv was at least 48", and the bathroom was bigger than average size with a bath and shower. The beds are very comfortable, I slept soundly which is rare when I stay in hotels as I'm quite a light sleeper.
We had had dinner in the bistro bar, and both the food and service were excellent. There was 20 of us and the service was prompt and pleasant. There is a nightclub under the hotel (Vanilla Nightclub) we went down for a while and I was very impressed with the decor (all white).
Even though I only stayed here one night it certainly left a good impression on me and I would hope to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights recently and it is an excellent hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly, something that you do not always encounter nowadays. The hotel was redecorated recently in a very modern style. Rooms are large with bathroom being the best feature. Very clean all over. We paid €89 per night and it was great value at this price. I know you can get cheaper in Dublin but it is worth it for the extra bit of comfort. We didnt use public transport but there is a bus stop right outside and you can walk to Stephen's Green in about 20 minutes. Had breakfast here one morning which was freshly cooked and good but we preferred Cafe Jave for breakfast - better selection, it is to your right on leaving the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor which was very quiet, you will see from some reviews that noise from night club...