“Easily the most beautiful hotel room”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #25 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Easily the most beautiful hotel room”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We are staying here now, enjoying a 4 day trip. Everything about this hotel is great. Ronnie the front office, guest services manager in my husband's words "is legend". This is easily one of the most beautiful rooms we have stayed at. Looking forward to the meals and attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. It was very kind of you to take the time, especially during your stay. Ronny is indeed a bit of a legend - we're lucky to have him! I'll be sure to let him know.

Thank you for staying with us. Please let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

John Clarke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

On entering the orange lighted interior one is feeling perplexed. The staff are excellent but it doesn't know what it is. Sports bar, bar, or place to relax. I am sure on some occasions it is all things to all people but if your looking for a pint O'Briens up the road is better.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dooku
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting our bar, and for the kind words about our staff!

I'm very sorry the bar left you perplexed! It was never our intention to create this particular reaction!

We like to think of ourselves as a comfortable, casual, softly-lit, Bar Bistro, where locals and residents also like to watch some sport. We wouldn't have the TVs blaring - it's all at a very comfortable setting and it's not in your face. While we have a large high-def projector screen, plus two large flat screens, you can still sit at other tables and enjoy some food, without disruption.

To each their own though! I'll grateful that you came in and give us a try.

You should have tried the chicken wings though. I sense from your other reviews that you are an aficionado. I think you missed out on an opportunity to reevaluate your wing-rankings.
Some other time maybe.

Thank you again for your visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3nights it's a lovely hotel , really big rooms decorated nicely , tea /coffee facilities , big tv and a nice warm fire . The bathroom was great nice big bath to soak in after all the walking we done ! The bar was lovely and so was the breakfast we had in there . The centre of Dublin is just a few stops on the bus which you could get on outside the hotel .
The only thing I didn't like was the nightclub we stayed on the weekend so on Friday Saturday night all you could hear was the music and vibrations thumping through the floor until 3 in the morning , I could sty again but not on the weekend.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lorna o
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm so sorry the noise from our club disrupted your sleep. We try to manage it as best as we can, but as you can appreciate, we can't always guarantee quiet rooms. We are in the process of creating a new website, and it will be much clearer on that site that we have a boutique club. We have also made sure that it is mentioned on all the booking engines, just to manage people's expectations. Like most hotels, Sunday to Thursdays are peaceful and tranquil. The city springs to life on Fridays and Saturdays though.

Thank you again for taking time to submit your review. We would love to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really like this hotel. The manager john and bar manager Andrew are probably the most helpful professionals I have ever met in hotels, they helped to make my daughters 21st a night to remember for all the right reasons. If you are planning a party consider the Hampton hotel. The kids really enjoyed the vanilla nightclub afterwards, courtesy of the hotel. This was a big plus as the party was over about 12.45 and we (the older relations) could slip away.
We had a wine & prosecco reception, the bar was perfect and they set up the overhead projector for the slideshow. All with no fuss. No need for a DJ as the sound system was excellent and an iPod was all that was needed. Mikes were produced for speeches. The table decorations included glass vases with real goldfish! The food was fine. We just had platters of finger food, inexpensive but better than you might expect.
Overall, the hotel has a lovely personal feel to it, with interesting and comfortable decor. It marries the old and new very well with a large marble fireplace surrounded by chic modern furniture and the nightclub is dramatic, with it's all white theme. We will definitely use this venue again.

Room Tip: I doubt if the noise from the party could be heard in the rooms but music stops at 12 30 so noise sh...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Colette,

Thank you so much for your very kind review! I feel as though I should give you a marketing job!

It was a pleasure helping you plan your event and I'm delighted that you all enjoyed it. Being a boutique venue can have it's drawbacks, but a big plus is the personal attention the whole team can inject into every event. As a collective, we're always looking for ways to personalise the experience and finding points of difference to make your evening yours, and not a product of cookie-cutter service delivery.

I'm so glad the night went so well for you. It would be a pleasure to host another event for you in the future. Please keep us in mind.

Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Four of us stayed at the hotel to celebrate a fortieth birthday. We really only wanted a bed for the night as there is so much to do in Dublin and we wanted to make the most of it. The hotel is situated about a 20 min walk from the centre so it's position was ideal. The rooms were a good size, clean with everything you could want. We all slept well - there was no noise from the street, hotel corridors or nightclub below. Breakfast was vast and we all filled up for the day so apart from a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the afternoon, it kept us going until dinner. The staff were brilliant especially as a friend left her mobile phone at the hotel and they posted it to her. In my opinion it is excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geraldine S
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your good experience with others. We appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you consider us again on your next visit to Dublin.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

It's a VERY long time since my wife and I sent food back because it was inedible. This hotel which has lovely rooms and lovely staff has it;'s only restaurant in the bar. The food when it came bore no relation to the description and was simply inedible. We sent it back and found an exquisite restaurant a short walk away -0 where we went for two nights!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your stay here. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and that you were happy with our friendly team.

I am very disappointed with your comment regarding the dish in the Bar Bistro though. I think it is a grossly unfair statement. I was in the hotel that evening and when I heard that you left the Bar Bistro, I went straight there to investigate why.

You had both ordered the Roasted Beef and the waiter mentioned that your wife expressed surprise that it was Roasted Beef when it was served. To be fair, if he heard a sound of surprise when the plate went down he should have probed for an explanation. The description on the menu said that it was '(Slow) Roasted Beef with champ potatoes, a rosemary & red wine gravy, and a selection of roast vegetables and potatoes' and this was exactly what was served. Your comment saying that it bore no relation to the description on the menu was puzzling, as this was precisely what was on the plate.

I also asked the kitchen to prepare a plate for me from the same cooked joint of beef that you had received. I watched them prepare it. I was able to sample the very next slices that neighboured the slices you received. It was lovely. Nothing at all wrong with it. It bore all the characteristics of a slow roast. We served 18 portions of that dish on that particular day. All positive comments from our other customers.

If something was wrong, we would put our hands up immediately and say that we had failed you in delivering the food and the service that we are proud of. But when we cannot detect an issue with the dish that was delivered, it is not fair to allow your comment to stand unquestioned.

If you expected the dish to be something else, we would have loved the opportunity to turn this around. We're all very friendly here, we value repeat business, and we value customer satisfaction. If the dish wasn't what you thought you ordered, you could have said this and we would have gladly replaced it for you, no questions asked. If it was a steak you were expecting, we would have been happy to organise this for you. We have a 16oz T-Bone Steak on some of our menus. We could have offered this as a substitute. We were very disappointed that you chose to simply leave.

If any customer is unhappy, and if they are willing to inform us of the true nature of their discontent, we make every honest effort to make things right. My biggest disappointment is that you did not give us this opportunity.

I apologise that we didn't make a more direct inquiry of the surprise expressed when the dishes were served. Reading the customer is an important part of service. There are times when a customer does not wish to cause a scene. There are times when mistakes are made, and misunderstandings occur, on both sides of the fence. There are also times when there is an honest, subjective, difference-of-opinion with regards to a dish. To one person, a dish could be great, to another, not so much. It is only through proper communication that we can determine the needs of a customer, and then be in a position to meet and hopefully exceed those needs and expectations.

I am so disappointed that it spoiled an otherwise enjoyable stay for you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Everything about our stay at The Hampton Hotel was fantastic from Check in to check out. John Clarke and his staff were exceptional in all they did for us. It's a beautiful Boutique Hotel and as there are only 24 rooms they've decorated them to the highest standard. The room was very clean with a beautiful large bathroom, lovely fire and large LCD TV. The bar/bistro was great. Extremely well priced and tasty food. We found it to be better value than the food and drink you get in a lot of bars or restaurants in Dublin. The location was great for us and with a bus stop just outside the hotel you can be in the city centre in 10/15 mins.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brad4711
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Brad4711,

I really appreciate the time you took to write a review of your stay with us - and I'm equally grateful that you chose our hotel. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in planning any future stays.

My sincere thanks,