Hampton Hotel
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$233
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
All reviewselectric fireplacecity centregreat hoteldvd playerluxury roomunderfloor heatingbus stop rightlarge tvair coachwould stay againfull irishmin walkbooked this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelfollowing morninghotel is situatedfantastic stay
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel was pretty good. Our room was huge with three floor to ceiling windows. The smell of it was slightly musky/damp? But it's an older building so most likely because of that. We had an electric fireplace in our room that had a remote, which was nice.

The bathroom was ginormous! It had three shower heads (2 rainfall and one regular) in a large, open shower. It also had a deep soaking tub. I don't usually use tubs at hotels but we paid extra for a nicer room so I thought I would give it a try. It looked really clean before the water ran but once it started filling up with water I noticed tiny bits of hair (like someone had shaved their legs previously) in the tub. I don't know where they were hiding because, as I said, the tub appeared clean before running the water. Needless to say no bath but that was okay. Pro-bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries!

The staff was very helpful. They made reservations for us at Jamie Oliver's restuarant and also called a cab for us on the morning we were leaving for the airport.

The location is not the best. It's situated in more of a residential area and is a good walk to get to much of anything. We did utilize the tram but that is also a bit of a walk from the hotel so just be prepared to use your legs to get around. It is fairly close to a bus stop but, from what we were told, the bus isn't reliable as far as pick up times, etc. so we chose to walk.

Overall, pretty good stay. I don't count the tub thing against them as I don't typically use them at hotels anyway.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

While we are not in the city centre, we are only about a 15-20 walk to the St. Stephen's Green / Grafton Street area, the premier shopping district. There is a bus stop right outside our hotel, and while the don't run to an exact schedule, they are very frequent and a digital sign at the stop tells you precisely how long until the next bus - and that is very accurate. You never have to wait more that a few minutes as all the buses go through the city centre.

On the bath water, the area had a couple of water cuts over the winter period. We have a large tank that can provide normal service to our bedrooms for about 12 hours. When the tank is down to about a quarter full, the sediment from the water (that has fallen to the bottom of the tank) can make it's way to baths and sinks. This does not affect any drinking water as that only comes from the mains water supply, but it can affect water going to the toilet cisterns and bath/shower.

Thank you again for your review. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place is so cool! While it isn't right in central Dublin, there is a bus stop right outside, and in my opinion it isn't too horrible a walk if you are a walker. But the rooms are what I loved best- they are so fantastic! They are exactly what they boast themselves to be- luxurious and upscale. And the hotel is so reasonably priced for the quality you are getting. As Ireland is not known for its great food- it is useful that there is a great luxury supermarket right down the street- so you can pick up stuff to snack on.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your stay with us. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.

We're very lucky with our location. It's great to be on a lovely, leafy street, yet only 15-20min walk to St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street, the premier shopping district in Dublin.

Ireland is fast gaining a reputation for food, with five Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Dublin alone - not too bad for a small city! But I'm glad you were able to explore the never-ending multicultural eateries on offer, as well as the award-winning Donnybrook Fair a minute or two away from us.

Thanks again for your great review. Hope your trip to Ireland lived up to expectations!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We are staying here now, enjoying a 4 day trip. Everything about this hotel is great. Ronnie the front office, guest services manager in my husband's words "is legend". This is easily one of the most beautiful rooms we have stayed at. Looking forward to the meals and attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. It was very kind of you to take the time, especially during your stay. Ronny is indeed a bit of a legend - we're lucky to have him! I'll be sure to let him know.

Thank you for staying with us. Please let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

On entering the orange lighted interior one is feeling perplexed. The staff are excellent but it doesn't know what it is. Sports bar, bar, or place to relax. I am sure on some occasions it is all things to all people but if your looking for a pint O'Briens up the road is better.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dooku
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting our bar, and for the kind words about our staff!

I'm very sorry the bar left you perplexed! It was never our intention to create this particular reaction!

We like to think of ourselves as a comfortable, casual, softly-lit, Bar Bistro, where locals and residents also like to watch some sport. We wouldn't have the TVs blaring - it's all at a very comfortable setting and it's not in your face. While we have a large high-def projector screen, plus two large flat screens, you can still sit at other tables and enjoy some food, without disruption.

To each their own though! I'll grateful that you came in and give us a try.

You should have tried the chicken wings though. I sense from your other reviews that you are an aficionado. I think you missed out on an opportunity to reevaluate your wing-rankings.
Some other time maybe.

Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3nights it's a lovely hotel , really big rooms decorated nicely , tea /coffee facilities , big tv and a nice warm fire . The bathroom was great nice big bath to soak in after all the walking we done ! The bar was lovely and so was the breakfast we had in there . The centre of Dublin is just a few stops on the bus which you could get on outside the hotel .
The only thing I didn't like was the nightclub we stayed on the weekend so on Friday Saturday night all you could hear was the music and vibrations thumping through the floor until 3 in the morning , I could sty again but not on the weekend.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorna o
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm so sorry the noise from our club disrupted your sleep. We try to manage it as best as we can, but as you can appreciate, we can't always guarantee quiet rooms. We are in the process of creating a new website, and it will be much clearer on that site that we have a boutique club. We have also made sure that it is mentioned on all the booking engines, just to manage people's expectations. Like most hotels, Sunday to Thursdays are peaceful and tranquil. The city springs to life on Fridays and Saturdays though.

Thank you again for taking time to submit your review. We would love to be able to welcome you back in the future.