“Highly recommended! Had it all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #23 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London
“Highly recommended! Had it all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

I booked this hotel as I took my g/friend to Dublin for her birthday and we were totally blown away with how friendly the staff were, the quality of the rooms, the bar, the food - everything really! The location is in a very nice part of Dublin giving you a 10 min walk to Gresham Street and Temple bar which allows you to appreciate Dublin more so than if you were based in the centre of town. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Myself & fiance stayed at the Hampton Hotel to celebrate my birthday.
The service was excellent from the moment we checked in to the hotel. We were very lucky, and were upgraded to a suite, & we were both totally blown away with this room. The decor in this hotel is very funky & modern. The room was well equiped with all the latest gadgets ( eg: cd & dvd player ). The room was very spacious & very comfortable, with a wall mounted TV & fireplace, the bathroom was also enormous, with double showers & a huge bath. We dined in the bistro and the food was delicious. Once again the service was fantastic. The staff were very efficient & very friendly. I would most defintely recommend this hotel, and can't wait until we go back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissJNorthernIreland
Basel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

Having stayed in several Dublin hotel chains and being extremely disappointed by the rooms and value for money, I found the Hampton to be way above anything else available in this price category. The room was large, quiet, equipped with everyhing you could need, the bathroom was luxurious, and the staff were friendly and extremely efficient. I really appreciated the lack of a loud tv in the bar/breakfast area and the all round comfort and quietness. I would have no reservations in highly recommending this hotel for anyone who is considering a trip to Dublin.
Although the hotel is not located in the centre of Dublin, it is in one of the best close in areas, and it is a very pleasant walk to the centre or a very quick bus ride if you prefer.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Karl_in_Basel
Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

Wanted to go to dublin without the hasle of staying in the centre.
located about a 10 minute drive from centre in a nice quiet area.
Free parking was a big bonus. A taxi in to the centre was 15 euro but that dublin prices for you.
The room was large with a large flat screen tv dvd player and remote control fire!!.
we had room service breakfast which was great. The only faults I could find were our room was located above the bar so there was some noise from people outside the bar, also a bit dusty in places so attention to detail cleaning the room could of been better.
but saying that my wife has booked to go back, so overall its a good hotel especially if you want something a little bit different from chain hotels

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

My husband & I, along with some of our family booked into the Hampton Hotel in September '09. The rooms are very impressive with huge beds, huge lcd t.v's and wall mounted fire. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotless. Would definitely stay here again, and hopefully soon.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swom
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

We booked the Hampton Hotel based on the reviews previously stated on this website and I can tell you we were not disapointed. The hotel was stylish and modern as were the rooms (loved the large plasma and fire), extremely well maintained and clean. The food served in the resteraunt and room service was excellent. We ate in the resteraunt both nights as we enjoyed it that much.

The hotel was situated 5 minutes from the centre by bus in a high end part of Dublin. The aircoach only took 1/2 hour and stopped right outside the hotel saving money on transfers (14euros return each).

We initially went to Dublin as a birthday celebration, however, I asked my girlfriend to marry me. The staff at the Hampton (especially Gudrun & Steffi) were all too pleased to help me do this. They arranged everything as a suprise when we got back and I could not have hoped for a better setup. Champagne and chocolate coated strawberries were all I ordered. They took it upon themselves to put rose petals, a rose and candles on the bed which made everything even more special. We cannot thank them enough for there help and it is something we will never forget.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Our trip was made very memorable and I am positive we will be visiting the Hampton again in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple