“Great hotel friendly staff”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We stayed at the Hampton for two nights in June 2010.
The Hotel has a boutique type feel, with modern rooms. Ours was the standard Hampton Preferred, located at the back of the Hotel and very quiet. We had two excellent nights sleep.
There was a large modern bathroom providing usual comforts like hairdryer, shower gel shampoo etc. Large LCD TV in bedroom with DVD player. Free rental of DVDs available. Tea & Coffee facilities . Large very comfortable bed.
The hotel fronts a fairly busy main road although is set back enough for the traffic noise not to be intimidating. At the front of the hotel there’s also a nice covered seating veranda which is nice when in the sun of an evening.

About 20 mins walk to St Stephen’s Green, which is at the edge of the main town centre, where we hopped on the city sightseeing red bus. We bought the tickets from hotel reception. There are plenty of buses that stop just outside the hotel if you prefer, including the fast coach service to and from the airport.

The people at the reception were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area.
The bar/come restaurant is very pleasant. Bar staff very friendly. We had one evening meal which was very good. Bar & food prices not cheap but not expensive either & compared to similar hotels / bars. Dublin, in general I found expensive compared to London, except for the hotel which is comparable.
The bar area had entertainment on both nights we stayed and was quite good.
Can’t fault the hotel at all really. Would definitely be my first choice if ever visiting Dublin again.

All in all very pleased with my choice of hotel which was largely down to the comments I found on Tripadvisor before booking.

• Check-in / front desk

Reviewed 16 June 2010

My husband and I only stayed here for 2 nights but we wish it would have been longer. We enjoyed the funky, spacious room and great location. It is out of the way of the busy center and is in a nice, quiet, residential neighbourhood. The bus is directly in front of the hotel which makes it very easy to get downtown. Also, there is a great grocery store just a two minute walk away which is nice when you don't feel like going out to eat.
Only two faults. The first is that we requested a wake up call and did not get it. Secondly, we requested some ice to the room and it took about 45 minutes to arrive.
Overall though, we were very happy with this hotel and it will be our first pick next time we are in Dublin!

Reviewed 13 June 2010

The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and stylish. I couldn't agree more with the rest of the reviewers, so I'll just contribute two points of my own experience that could be improved:
* When I asked the employee at the front desk if it was possible to visit a pub with Irish music that was not touristic, she pointed out a pub that was even drawn on our tourist map; obviously very touristic.
* The beds are too small for people over 1m80, so my feet were dangling over the edge of the bed the whole night. The next morning I asked if they had any rooms with bigger beds, but unfortunately they hadn't.
Except for these two minor downsides, I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SabiSo
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed three nights in June and found the staff could not have been more helpful. Gundrun at the front desk is a walking encyclopedia on Dublin and gave us practical and sensible advice.
Buses to the city center were right outside the hotel and cost 1.60 Euro each way. The red tour buses were fantastic and we would highly recommend them. A walk to the closest tour, hop on hop off, bus was about 15 minutes by foot.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our only criticism would be that the restaurant, although convenient, was lacking in service and the food was sub par. We were quite famished when we arrived. Burnt toast, dried turkey and surprisingly slow service was a disappointment. We found breakfast a slight improvement but chose to eat elsewhere for the remainder of our stay.
When we return next year we will definately stay at the Hampton Hotel again.

1  Thank tom12newengland
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Just back from an amazing couple of days in Dublin. This hotel couldn't have been any better. Great sized rooms and some of the friendliest staff we could have met. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Christof903
Reviewed 7 June 2010

This small boutique hotel is great, it's trendy, quirky and friendly. I was greeted on arrival by the receptionist and the hotel manager, we quickly struck up a conversation and I was offered a complementary drink in the bar, a very nice touch after a long day.
I was given a complementary upgrade from a standard room to a suite, another nice touch. The first impression of my room was great, high ceilings, large plasma tv, dvd and music system, lovely big bathroom with excellent fittings. To give a little balance to my review I was slightly dissappointed that the finish and attention to detail of the room didn't match the quality of the fittings or my first impression. Some of the carpets were poorly fitted, the black furniture looked cheap, some of the woodwork looked poorly renovated and the paint finish was lacked quality.
I ate in the bar, the service was very friendly and uncomplicated and the food was excellent.
On balance I would recommend this hotel, the service I received throughout was genuine and first class, the room was filled with quality fittings its just a shame that some of the finishes were lacking.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hampton in Dublin before and after a trip to Kilkenny. The staff was beyond friendly, giving us great suggestions for places to eat and things to do, as well as how to get around. The hotel is incredibly clean and decorated in a very modern art deco kitschy way - super funky, a bit reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland.
Our first room was huge and gorgeous. 60 inch plasma tv, fireplace, king bed, table and chairs, GIANT bathroom with soaking tub.
On our return, we were upgraded to a suite that just blew us away. Would go back in a heartbeat. Incredible value for $99 Euro per night!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple