“Nice hotel for relaxing stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Herbert Park Hotel

Herbert Park Hotel
Ranked #22 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Nice hotel for relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Was attending a wedding in Dublin and chose to stay at Herbert Park. What a surprise! Beautiful hotel with open plan lobby, great food, pleasant staff. On arrival my room wasn't ready, but I desperately had to change so very friendly Spanish receptionist called the manager to enquire about my options. I was offered to use gym changing facilities, which worked out perfect.
Breakfast in the morning was a bit busy, but my omelette was very tasty, so I didn't mind the wait. Wish I had time for a stroll in the park, but maybe on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Finnish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Close enough to get out and about yet felt like a sleepy suburb at weekends. Stayed here whilst on business for a week and was nice place to return to after long days. No pushy people, space was given yet always seemed to have someone about when you needed. staff all very courteous and friendly which sometimes goes amiss in a big hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

It was my first stay at The Herbert Park Hotel and certainly not the last as I do travel to Dublin quite often. Rooms are very clean, beds comfortable, warm and welcoming front desk staff.
Had a quick dinner in their lobby bar and found the food excellent, reasonably priced with very wide choice. Hotel has plenty secure underground car parking.
I had difficulty connecting to free wifi, after I called reception it was immediately resolved. Later tall lady at reception was kind and printed my boarding pass for me and delivered to my room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This time I've travelled with my mum and during the first night we didn't get much sleep as we were on the floor with a big group and they were rather noisy! In the morning Reception Manager approached us at the breakfast to check how was our stay and the minute we mentioned our problem she offered to move our room to a quite part of the hotel.
I love staying there. It's exceptionally clean, great location, many nice restaurants within walking distance and the park is really beautiful.
We had a fantastic stay and that's all thanks to always attentive reception team. Would highly recommend and hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Always ask for front rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Location is great but unfortunately some of the staff were so rude - I did not realise that bar staff waiting tables are allowed to chew gum? The front desk lady was also very abrupt and did not have a nice manner. We did not find the bed or the pillows comfortable - 2 single beds were pushed together and at reception we were told we had been allocated a king-size bed.
I would expect a higher standard from this hotel as I am sure it is popular due to its location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Herbert Park Hotel is a really modern yet comfortable hotel in a fantastic location, being just a 20 minute walk from the city centre, a perfect way to see Dublin. Bedrooms were immaculate and spacious and the bed was really comfortable, my only issue was the air conditioning was quite noisy, making it difficult to sleep being a light sleeper. Breakfast was a really positive experience with plenty of choice and service was very attentive and friendly. My main issue however was with reception-our receptionist was blonde and really unfriendly, I found her manner to be quite rude and off putting. It's unfortunate that the hotel's front of house marred an otherwise positive experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Townsville, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our stay in this hotel was spoiled by the staff, who were very unfriendly and rude. This was in sharp contrast to the welcoming hospitality we got in every other hotel we stayed in during our holiday in Ireland. We actually checked out early and went elsewhere. Breakfast was poor.

Room Tip: Was not within walking distance of the city centre, and the DART station was also a bit of a walk. W...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple