“Paper walls”
Review of Herbert Park Hotel

Herbert Park Hotel
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 September 2013

On a business trip I stayed at Herberts park. The taxi left as at the side entrance, which I found a bit odd, although we could find the front desk easily. I went jogging in Herberts park which was absolutely fantastic after a long day first in an airplane and then at the office. The room service fish and chips I had later was pretty bland - but the service at least was fast. The room itself was clean, comfy and spacious. The issue I have with the room is the thin walls. During my stay I had several phone conferences and so did the gentleman next door. I could clearly hear every word he spoke and I bet he heard mine. And we were not talking loud. The breakfast was the usual - nothing to complain about nothing to rave about. Funny thing is that you are charged extra in case you want a cappuccino instead of black coffee. The breakfast is pretty pricey and asking extra for a cappuccino sounds a bit... desperate?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We are just back from spending a very relaxing and enjoyable night in the Herbert Park. The hotel is an oasis in Dublin with excellent rooms, an efficient staff and superb breakfast. We have already booked our next visit.

Martin Donaldson

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Was attending a wedding in Dublin and chose to stay at Herbert Park. What a surprise! Beautiful hotel with open plan lobby, great food, pleasant staff. On arrival my room wasn't ready, but I desperately had to change so very friendly Spanish receptionist called the manager to enquire about my options. I was offered to use gym changing facilities, which worked out perfect.
Breakfast in the morning was a bit busy, but my omelette was very tasty, so I didn't mind the wait. Wish I had time for a stroll in the park, but maybe on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Close enough to get out and about yet felt like a sleepy suburb at weekends. Stayed here whilst on business for a week and was nice place to return to after long days. No pushy people, space was given yet always seemed to have someone about when you needed. staff all very courteous and friendly which sometimes goes amiss in a big hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

It was my first stay at The Herbert Park Hotel and certainly not the last as I do travel to Dublin quite often. Rooms are very clean, beds comfortable, warm and welcoming front desk staff.
Had a quick dinner in their lobby bar and found the food excellent, reasonably priced with very wide choice. Hotel has plenty secure underground car parking.
I had difficulty connecting to free wifi, after I called reception it was immediately resolved. Later tall lady at reception was kind and printed my boarding pass for me and delivered to my room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This time I've travelled with my mum and during the first night we didn't get much sleep as we were on the floor with a big group and they were rather noisy! In the morning Reception Manager approached us at the breakfast to check how was our stay and the minute we mentioned our problem she offered to move our room to a quite part of the hotel.
I love staying there. It's exceptionally clean, great location, many nice restaurants within walking distance and the park is really beautiful.
We had a fantastic stay and that's all thanks to always attentive reception team. Would highly recommend and hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Always ask for front rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Location is great but unfortunately some of the staff were so rude - I did not realise that bar staff waiting tables are allowed to chew gum? The front desk lady was also very abrupt and did not have a nice manner. We did not find the bed or the pillows comfortable - 2 single beds were pushed together and at reception we were told we had been allocated a king-size bed.
I would expect a higher standard from this hotel as I am sure it is popular due to its location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple