Lansdowne Hotel Ballsbridge
Ranked #79 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my husband visited Lansdowne hotel last week for the dinner and traditional Irish show. Huge thanks to all staff, the night was truly amazing! Amazing show, great food and service, we felt very much like at home, all of the hotel staff made us feel very welcomed. Very nice decor and lovely bar downstairs. If you are looking for a place with warm atmosphere and great food we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed here for a long weekend away. Our flight arrived quite early on in the morning and we were going leave our bags with reception (something of which I checked was ok before we came) so we could make the most of our time in Dublin but when we arrived at the hotel we were given the option to check-in early, which was ofcourse even better!
The hotel although not the most modern in style was ideally located just a short 15-20 minutes walk away from the city centre and the staff were more than helpful with any queries we had. Our room was very basic but clean and provided us with all that we needed. We also had a couple of drinks in the hotels 'Den Bar' which had a great friendly atmosphere. We would recommend this hotel for those on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Firstly, about me, I'm not a diva but I have standards! I was a bit apprehensive about staying here, but I needn't have been- It's not the shelbourne, and it's definitely nothing like donnybrook lodge either! (Check those pictures for a laugh!!!) The Lansdowne Hotel is functional, clean, quiet, the staff are nice, and efficient, it's a great location. We were really taken back to be welcomed with a handshake into the bar/restaurant, what a perfect irish gentleman. We were sorry to have eaten elsewhere as the menu looked good and was very reasonably priced. If the dessert was anything to go by, I'd say the food would be nice. We had dessert and tea and it was yum.. A normal and delightfully small portion of Baileys cheesecake with icecream, with actual baileys poured over it, and a twist of orange! Small problem with room quickly sorted by an upgrade. Only fault, no baths:-( I was expecting a dive for some reason cos it seemed dated and unloved but was nicely surprised- even though it could do with a little bit of modernisation and investment. Twin room was only €45 tho and well worth it. Stay here!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at this hotel. Only around 5 mins from the bus/airbus stop (from the airport a bus is €3 with a change in city centre, Airbus is direct and is €8.50 and a taxi will cost €28).

In a very nice Georgian area of the city (many people told us Ballsbridge is very affluent) and takes about 25 mins into the centre (Grafton Street) on a straight road. (O'Donaghues is definitely worth a drink on the way - lovely pub!!!)

Rooms are a decent size (for 3*) with kettle, hairdryer and desk/chairs. Bed was a little lumpy but not too bad and was very big and all linen and towels very clean!!)

Annoyances - the wifi in the room could be quite temperamental which drive me crazy and the mirror at the plug socket for dryer/straighteners was too high to sir down so had to do my hair standing up!!! These are quite minor things though for a hotel this nice that was so cheap!!

We paid €10 each for a full breakfast one morning and whilst it was very good quality, I'd recommend going to O'Neills in the centre where you get much more with drinks for only €6.95!!

A in all I would recommend this hotel as much better than many 3*s but I would probably go a little closer to the centre next time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

lovely small hotel, great location for RDS, best pint in Ireland. The mattress was very old with broken springs in case anyone as bad back like me. Double room only 40 euro so amazing value for Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank mmurphy99
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and found the experience good.The staff were friendly and the service excellent.The room we stayed n was very clean .We walked in and out to the city centre which took us about 15 minutes each way.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel in middle of November 2013. The bus service from airport brings you pretty close to the hotel & the same applies when you are going back. The hotel itself is a regular 3 star property with basic facilities. The room I got was pretty small with a basic bathroom. The front desk staff was very helpful & polite. The location of the hotel is not in the heart of the city but at the same time its not all that far & can be reached by taxi or an extended walk. But the major highlight was the price. Even though I had booked this place a few days before my travel, there was no other hotel in the vicinity that could beat its price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business