The Central Hotel
US$297
US$232
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$291
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
US$203
US$187
  • Breakfast included
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$249
US$194
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewslibrary barexchequer streetgreat locationfirst floordublin castletrinity collegelight sleeperbring earplugshuge bathroomgrafton stspacious roomwould stay againbars and restaurantsthe heart of the citystayed here for one nightfull irish breakfastfallon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I ended up here at a sudden change of plans. Got a room overlooking their restaurant's ancient ventilation system which kept me up well after midnight.
The room didn't have a ceiling lamp, but only 3 poor table shades. Windows didn't shut properly, so cold wind and noise were an issue. During the 2nd and last night I had to place towels to cover the holes in the - what seemed like improvised, amateurish or just really old window frames. Heating barely worked.
The morning receptionist (blond, medium length hair) had a different pricing (more expensive) for breakfast than the evening receptionist. I checked out on pouring rain and came back to ask for a garbage bag to wrap my laptop in, as I could not hold umbrella, backpack and big suitcase. First thing she said was that it costs money!!! and then she pretended to look for one briefly, only to send me out the door with a refusal.
Never to come back, and hope you don't ever get this experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Daniela T
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I got dumped by my original hotel ( due to a booking issue through a website). The front desk staff was very nice. We got into our room. It was clean. The shower had mold in it . It is a little dated. And kind of noisy. St pat's weekend what could it get annoyed about!

Shower is a lil hard to use. But it was good for a last min choice

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Dumbbunny
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was extremely helpful; this was our first trip to Ireland and we were a little overwhelmed. The rooms were comfortable, complete with tea and biscuits. The only thing that could have made it better was the shower faucet. We could not adjust it so showers were burning hot. Also, it was hard to sleep Thursday and Friday night due to loud music at nearby pubs - but that's city centre!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Ideal location in the heart of Dublin, in the hustle and bustle of the lively Exchequer St/George St. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Reception was warm and friendly and would def stay again for a night on the town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My parents had stayed here before, but it was actually my first time. I found it great: the rates are very reasonable for someplace so charming. The location is perfect, stand at the front door and you have Grafton Street to your left, with Templebar behind you. The interior - such as the furniture in the room - was lovely and old-fashioned, a nice break from the standard supermarket-esque type that would be the regular. Breakfast was a tad non-descript, but everything was perfectly clean, the same as the rooms. The temperature was fine (considering the weather was crap), the bathroom was grand and there were plenty of towels. The whole place is perfect for adults, be they up on a shopping trip, visiting for the weekend, or alone on business. I don't see why it wouldn't be for families either. There's a lovely bar, again a break from the mundane you can often get in hotels. I've found my regular haunt for when I'm up and down anyway!

Room Tip: Perhaps if you're a light-sleeper, request to be away from the street front. It didn't apply to me.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends