Temple Bar Hotel
US$155
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$173
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$207
  • Breakfast included
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Restaurant
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$244
US$207
  • Room Service
2,471 results
All reviewstemple barbuskers bargreat locationfleet streetnight lifetrinity collegenoise from the streetcentral locationbars and restaurantsquiet roomlight sleepernoisy at nightthird floorgrafton streetearplugsbridnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have already written a review extolling the many virtues of the Temple Bar Hotel.
Now having had our 4th stay with them over the St.Patrick's Day Weekend, I can only reafirm the excellent service, management, accomodation, and care given to us when we returned.

The first thing to say is, being a second generation Irishman I thought I had the art of understanding the Irish way of thinking (and partying) off to a fine art. However, I seriously underestimated the multitude of ways the Irish people, and Ireland, can find to celebrate their saints day!!! I thought coming from the hard core West of Ireland, I could sing and drink with the best of them, oh dear, what a mistake!
Everything was green, I was bosse eyed with green, I dream in green. The sheer numbers of people was breathtaking, if not a little scary at times. Trying to get into any kind of bar after 10pm would need the cunning and acrobatics of the 'Milk Tray' secret agent! It really was organised chaos, but something everyone in the world should experience once.
In the middle of this was the calm oasis of The Temple bar hotel. Its great fun sitting in their vast picture windows looking out at the mournful faces of people walking by who have a good hour or more to trudge back to their hotels.
We we given a huge 'ballroom' of a bedroom at the back of the hotel. I secretly told my wife that this was down to my previous review on this site, which the manager read, she believed me, and my status was secured with her as a man of godly connections lol
The room was spacious, clean, beautifully decorated, and not too noisey. I think enough has been said about the noise, take it as read now.
The breakfast is now a buffet, and makes much better use of the space where it is presented.
We ate at the Boxty House one night, and forgot how fantastic it is, so please do go, you could have a fantastic meal there every night, and its good value.
I could go on, but just to say, this is a fantastic find of a hotel, in an excellent position, with great staff, good food, and lovely accomodation, you can not go much wrong staying here.

....so its just Adios, and not good bye to the Temple Bar Hotel from us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoroughBoy45
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear BoroughBoy45,

Thank you for staying with us again, and thank you for your indepth review.

I am delighted you enjoyed the St Patrick’s Day celebrations in Dublin and your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel.

We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Yes it's right in the heart of temple bar but that brings a lot of noise. Breakfast was average - changed rooms from one with a noisy air conditioning unit outside to one with raucous revellers! Should have stuck to the air con! Sleepless in dublin

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank gillmunro

Dear Gillmunro,

Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed your time in Dublin.

I do apologise for the noise you experienced while you were staying with us, if you request a quiet room on your stay stay we will certainly do our best to accommodate you.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We arrived at Temple Bar and were glad to see it was located in the heart of the entertainment area. That excitement quickly wore off when we could not sleep because of all the noise on Fleet Street. The bars empty out and then the keg deliveries start. I figured out that kegs in Dublin are dropped off a truck onto a pillow then rolled down the sidewalk. That kept us up most nights and I would suggest asking for an interior room for that reason alone.

We flew for 10 hrs and drove 30 mins before arriving exhausted. We asked to check in early, but our room was not done at 12 pm. They told us to come back at 2 pm. Needless to say, we waited until 3pm before they changed our room so we could get a room. I went up to look at our original room and the maid was talking. I think they got tired of us watching them at the desk. Maybe it was me, but every American family had to wait for a room while all others checked in early.

The staff was kinda short , but became friendly by weeks end.

Beware of the arranged cab ride to the airport for 23 euros by the hotel. Our cab tried to get 35 euros from us. When I return to Ireland I will be staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Interior only
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond F
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Chf829,

Thank you for your review above. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. As we are so centrally located, unfortunately that means that we are subject to disturbances such as deliveries. However, our staff are always more than happy to request a quieter room for you in order to try avoid this.

Our check-in time is 2pm-this would have accounted for why you could not check at 12pm. At times we would have rooms available early so that guests can avail of an early check-in but there must not have any on this particular date. I am however very sorry that you had to wait until 3pm to use your room. I will check this issue with the Accommodations Manager immediately.

I would like to thank you for using our hotel and hopefully you might some day reconsider visiting us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Situated in the heart of Temple Bar, which suited us perfect. We all enjoy irish music and of course Guinness. So here in Fleet Street there is several pubs to visit! The room was clean and covered all our needs. Friendly staff and secure access to the rooms. The only thing, if there is any, we were a little disappointed of was the restaurant for breakfast. Too small I thing for so many people. We had to wait a long time to be seated!
But overall: I can recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lolist
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Lolist,

Thank you for your honest review above. I’m glad you got to experience some of the culture around Temple Bar. It is a great spot for music and a bit of Irish atmosphere. I’m gald to hear that you were happy with the room, the service and the staff. We do recommend that people take note of the busier times in the restaurant for breakfast-we have signs around the hotel to outline this.

We look forward to your next stay.

Guy Thompson.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Rooms were excellent. The hotel was in a great location for shopping, sightseeing and the night life. Be sure to ask for a room away from the front of the hotel as it can be quite noisey. Staff were excellent, couldn't do enough for you. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda G

Dear MrsG76,

Thank you for taking the time to write the above comments. I am delighted that you were satisfied with the hotel and the services we provide. I will be sure to pass on your praise to all the staff here at the hotel.