“Great customer service and comfortable room. Many landmarks nearby”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The customer service was great and the room was very comfortable. The only recommendation is that you ask for a room in the back away from the noise on Temple Bar. I asked for a fan, closed the window and the noise was gone. My stay was in July so the fan was needed. Still very comfortable. So many restaurants and stores within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NewYorkKmd
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear NewYorkKmd,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel following your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am glad to hear that you made use of this.

I hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Good location & reception was friendly & helpful
We were on the 2nd floor "south side" did not hear any of the noise coming from the Temple Bar

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy W

Dear 899Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Temple Bar Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and I hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I'm not really sure where to start with this review.
The staff were friendly and the room was very nice.
My friend and I stayed for 2 nights as we were going on a little European trip. We thought we would start close to home in a city we knew.
I read the reviews on here about getting a room at the rear of the hotel and there were none to be had and we were given one on the first floor above the Bar.
When we arrived we also had to pay up front as the girl on reception said they don't accept Visa or MasterCard. Then we had to go to a cash machine to get extra funds but we can only take out £200 a day that meant paying with card in a lot of places and getting charged by the bank.
The first night we got hammered and didn't get back to the hotel until 3am and as we were drunk had a great nights sleep it was a Tuesday night.
The second night we decided to have an early night as we had to be up at 4am.
So the room was roasting and there was no air conditioning so we had the windows open.. but the noise from the bar was awful the noise from outside was awful.. we decided to close the windows suffer the heat and get some sleep. the windows may as well of been made from cling film as even shut the noise was exactly the same.
Once it got to 1am the noise from the stopped and the noise from the street was getting less until 1:30 - 2am when the street sweepers turned up.
Now I'm no expert in cleaning streets but these guys were going up and down this street like they were having a race! How many times do you need to clean one street??
So while the world street cleaning races were on we started to hear some shouting outside and a reversing beeper.. then the hiss of an articulated lorry parking right outside. then right through until we were actually getting in our cab outside they were delivering stock to the Tesco 10ft across the street. all we could here was swearing shouting and steel cages banging.
All it would of taken was some proper double glazing in the room to keep the noise out!
I mentioned this to the guy on reception as we were leaving and his responce was "oh well".
We should of got drunk that night to.

Room Tip: Any room will be fine as long as you get plastered to the point of unconsciousness.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank peteJ27

Dear PeteJ27

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Due to our central location, we do on occasion experience some noise disturbance outside the hotel which is beyond our control. I hope this didn’t hinder the enjoyment of your trip to Dublin.

I was very surprised and disappointed to hear of your issues with our reception team as we always hear great feedback on the service they offer. I will be sure to look into this matter immediately to ensure that all staff members are following correct procedure.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I loved the look of this hotel from the outside and then as you walk into the reception and wow again. Oscar is very helpful when he can find your booking. Then after you have entered fort knox with your key card access into the lift your welcomed with a dark corridor and enter into your room. The first room on the 2nd floor smelt of smoke, so much so I had to go back to reception complain and was moved to the 3rd floor. The room was exactly the same, but one of the windows did not open and it was mega hot with no air con. It had been screwed shut as either someone had thrown the tv out of the window breaking it rock style or suicide. It was very noisey as you can imagine, but great location for the club downstairs and bar next door. Not for the quiet seekers. My mates room was a small single as big as a cupboard. Very expensive for what it was. Although free entry and table reserve in club. Overall nice place, just dont expect too much.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brownkid

Dear Brownkid,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Temple Bar Hotel. It is very important for us to receive all forms of feedback in order to monitor, and where necessary, improve our service. I am very happy to hear that you found our reception team to be helpful and I will pass on your comments to Oscar and the rest of the team.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find our rooms to be an acceptable size or standard. I will get our accommodation team and maintenance team to ensure that all bedrooms meet our criteria and I hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed 2 nights as a couple with a 17 year old son. This hotel was recommended by a friend as we had not been to Dublin before. The location was perfect for us to set out on foot or catch a bus. The room was a lot larger than expected with a huge bed and very good bathroom. The hot breakfast was great to set you up for the day. Our son is not a great fan of eating early in the day, but there was enough variety to tempt him. We found that there was a lot of places to eat nearby as well as a Tesco supermarket across the road with really helpful staff. We found that by the end of the day that our room was either well located or we just didn't notice any excess noise, not enough to keep us awake after a full day.

The booking was made by phone from Australia some time earlier, but we didn't have any trouble and the staff were more than helpful to weary travellers. We would love to return and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oatsey3

Dear Oatsey3

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about our location, service and breakfast. I will certainly pass them on to the rest of the team here at the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

First time in Dublin and we got bus from airport. Bus stops 2 minutes walk away from hotel. Hotel fronts onto a noisy street at night as it is full of bars, restaurants however, this did not impair my sleep at all. The hotel is ideally located for night and day life. It is also opposite a Tesco supermarket so don't worry about having to pack all toiletries etc. We didn't really use any of the hotel services apart from the bar but would say that all the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and modern and the breakfast was excellent offering a good variety. I did notice how conscientous the chef was in keeping the hot breakfasts well topped up, fresh hot food all the time and how he cleaned the hot plate each time he visited it. The bed in the hotel was biggggg and so comfortable. There was nothing I did not like about this hotel and we intend to visit Dublin again and will probably stay at the Temple Bar again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
4  Thank Karen G

Dear Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear positive feedback on our staff and the service we offer and I will be sure to pass this on to the rest of the team.

As we feel that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, our restaurant staff and chefs do everything they can to ensure that it is an enjoyable experience for all and I am delighted to hear that you noticed this.

I look forward to seeing you back here again.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We knew that Temple Bar Hotel had a great location, but we were worried about the noise in Temple Bar and what the quality of the hotel would really be. We should not have worried. The hotel was very clean, updated and a great facility for the price. Most importantly, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I had emailed a request for an upper level room, which I hoped would be quiet. They responded promptly and we had an upper, quiet room as promised. The breakfasts were very good and the room was very nice and much more spacious than we expected. The bathroom was excellent as well. We have recommended this hotel to friends and will return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank drbillmc

Dear drbillmc,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is lovely to hear great feedback on our staff and services and I will be sure to pass this on to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon and many thanks for recommending us to your friends.

Warm regards,