Temple Bar Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$958
  • Pool
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
US$258
US$163
  • Restaurant
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$174
Official Site
US$560
US$511
  • Restaurant
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$206
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
Hotels.com
US$282
US$241
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
2,473 results
All reviewstemple barbuskers bargreat locationfleet streetnight lifetrinity collegenoise from the streetcentral locationbars and restaurantsquiet roomlight sleepernoisy at nightthird floorgrafton streetearplugsbridnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I loved this hotel. My first night in Dublin was spent roaming around Temple Bar and this hotel provided a great respite. It can be quite loud at night, as it is in the middle of the bar scene, but if you are involved in the scene, it is right in the middle of the action. The rooms and bathrooms were larger than I was anticipating from an urban European hotel. The price was well worth the location, amenities, and size. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear ANMP,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your trip to Dublin. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Cobble stone streets, live bands, and nice people. My brother, mother, and I took our first trip to Ireland this year, and knew we couldn't pass up Dublin! After reading reviews we knew Temple Bar was the place to stay. September 6th, 2012, our plane landed at 5am. Got into our rental car and were on our way, falling asleep the whole time. Parking was dirctly across the street and very inexpensive too! On arrival we were told our room wouldn't be ready for till late afternoon, I about died. Friendly staff and very helpful, they pointed the way towards the breakfast bar at 9am and didn't mind that we had made ourselves right at home on the couch! By 11am we were able to enter to our room, what gracious staff to have our room cleaned first. The room was small but tidy, with two beds and a window facing inward of the hotel. Bathroom was clean, water was warm and beds were comfy. We had no noise problems at all. Other then the time change, we all slept perfectly. Breakfast bar in the morning was plentiful and tasty. Walk out front take a left or right and you are in the mix of the busy city. Resturants, bars, shopping, churches, castles..its all there! The weather was perfect, a bit cold in the morning but turned into a nice cool sunny day by noon, and with a jacket, the cool night air was wonderful. I enjoyed my stay in Temple Bar, and would recommend The Temple Bar Hotel to anyone looking for a good time in the heart of the fun and lively city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inward over the breakfast bar area had no noise problems at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelley E

Dear Kelley E,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your trip to Dublin. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

What a bad experience. Stayed here just this week. Overall really poor customer service. Room was really noisy and overlooked the smoking area of the night club until 2:30am, pub barrels then started to be rolled down the street outside at 6am. When requested a room change, the attitude of the receptionist left a lot to be desired. We were called "noise sensitive"... Hardly the response we would expect with a genuine complaint. Will not be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TheStacks

Dear TheStacks,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel. I was very disappointed to read your comments about the experience you encountered during your stay. In relation to the noise you experienced, unfortunately we are located right in the centre of Temple Bar and as such, from time to time we do suffer a degree of noise disruption from the surrounding business and equipment operation.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to the Temple Bar Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I read all the reviews about the noise but it still not deter us booking a room. We figured that we were party people and stayed out late too, so the noise wouldn't pose a problem. Wrong. The location is fantastic, close to all the action in the Temple Bar area, close to the shops and close to some great restaurants. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable but the noise coming from the alley beside it, makes for a very poor sleep. I don't know what or why there was a huge party in the alley every night, but every time I finally started to drift off, some smashing glasses or drunken ranting would pull me out of my slumber state. This noise went on usually until about 6am. At one stage we were thinking of checking out at four in the morning but the thought of locating another hotel at that hour put us off. If you don't mind not getting any sleep, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trish l

Dear trish l,

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The rooms are nice and well appointed, not noisy at all if you ask for a room on the courtyard. The lobby and breakfast are fine. Of course it's still the location that attracts everyone to this hotel : right at the center of things

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business