“Great for one night in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #41 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
chicago, IL
“Great for one night in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband, who is from Ireland, was meeting me in Dublin on my first nigh in the country. Being from the North, he had never actually been to Dublin so we were looking forward to enjoying several things for the first night before heading up to his neck of the woods. We arrived around noon and there were no rooms available so we went around the corner for a bite to eat until we could check in. The front desk attendant was wiling to hold our bags so that was very nice. Once we checked around 2, we basically just dropped our things and got ready to go and came back throughout the day to grab jackets, switch clothes, etc. It wasn't until we were ready to go to bed that we realized the beds were HORRIBLE! Very uncomfortable! Our beds felt like two very outdated twin beds pushed together. They were most uncomfortable when you approached the middle and you were really on two separate edges so we certainly stayed on our own sides of the bed :) But the proximity to Temple Bar and all it had to offer was great. The only other issues was that when checked out around noon the next morning I saw some of the housekeepers horsing around. (Maybe that's why rooms were ready the day before) But overall, this hotel is good. Very noisy, but we live in NYC so that didn't seem to bother us. The location was amazing with a quick walk to hop on, hop off tours, shopping, plenty of food, the train to the soccer stadium. But I am glad it was only one night, I don't think I could have taken more than on on that bed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear cessalee,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your kind remarks with the rest of our team and we hope to welcome you back in the future

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am just back from a lovely stay in the Temple Bar Hotel but I have to say I was a little disappointed in the size of my bedroom. I had booked a single room but I really didn't imagine it would be so small. I think prison cells are probably bigger! That said it was comfortable enough. The only other gripe I would have was the water pressure in the shower, I have poured water from a cup quicker.

Otherwise I couldn't recommend it more highly. The staff were so nice and friendly, the location is perfect, I ordered room service and it was prompt and delicious. I left my suitcase there for the day when I checked out to go shopping and was only charged a euro. The wifi worked where so many other places I have stayed it hasnt.

Breakfast was lovely and in general my stay was great.

Room Tip: Unless you are happy with a tiny room don't get a single room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JulieAnnSherlock
Hi JulieAnnSherlock,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have larger rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms. I will investigate the water pressure and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We hope to see you again

Safety Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

It was our first trip to Europe and we arrived at 6:30 in the morning after a long flight, cold and still dark outside. I really don't know what we would have done if they wouldn't let us check in but they were more than helpful to get us a room. It's a nice, clean hotel in a great area of the city. Central area surrounded by bars and restaurants and short walk to all the must see attractions. The price is also reasonable considering the great location. They were even nice and didn't laugh when we couldn't figure out how to get the lights on in our room. FYI in Europe hotel rooms have a box by the door that you have to put your room key into (and left there) in order to get the lights on.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Melinda H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team!
Nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

If you are on a budget and not planning on spending much time in your hotel room then this hotel will do, perfectly clean but very budget, room was small. We stayed for three nights on the third floor, hotel was extremely noisy at night on a Monday night (first night) seemed perhaps a clubs smoking area was in the alley way next to our room, however the other two nights were fine as it didn't repeat itself. Complementary umbrellas given out by the hotel, which was lucky as it rained for the most part. Reception staff were very friendly, we arrived at around 8am and were able to get into our room after 11am. Free wifi throughout the stay, which we found very useful for scouting out places to eat etc.

Hi Amber G,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our reception team and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have large and quieter rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have recently returned from Ireland (Dublin to Galway and back again). This was my fourth year in a row. I have stayed in many hotels and B/B's. That being said, Temple Bar Hotel is by far, THE BEST hotel i have stayed in. I stayed the first three nights there before departing for Galway. The location way very good. As a solo traveler, and having to lug my own suitcase, it way extremely easy for me to navigate to and from the bus stops. Less than a ten minute walk. Upon my return to Dublin I had selected a different hotel. Not a bright idea on my part. I quickly returned to the Temple Bar Hotel where they were very gracious and accommodating. They (Oscar) was able to provide me with a room, even better than the first one and at an excellent rate. I strongly and highly advise anyone going to Dublin to stay at the Temple Bar Hotel. I am confident you will not be disappointed. The rooms are clean, spacious, quiet.The staff are friendly, professional and with a good sense of humor. Room 104 is my favorite. Just e-mail Maria. She is the best.

Room Tip: Before you book your room, let Maria know how big/tall you are. Some of the showers can be a bit nar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear cntry_kacy,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to hear such positive feedback regarding our staff. Here at Temple Bar Hotel, we pride ourselves on our central location and I am glad this enhanced your trip to Dublin.

I will pass on your kind remarks to Maria, Oscar the rest of the team.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Location, location, location - you could not find a better hotel in terms of location for taking in all the sights of Dublin. Smack right in the heart of the bustling Temple Bar, plenty of bars and restaurants on your doorstep, Halfpenny Bridge right behind the hotel, all the main shopping streets within les than a few minutes walk, bus links for the airport and indeed to travel around the city are situated right at the end of the street (a minutes walk at most), and these will take you to most of the main tourist attractions, i.e. Guinness factory tour, Jamiesons factory tour, Kilmainham gaol (the latter I would very highly recommend!).

Staff are lovely and helpful and breakfast and delicious and plentiful (buffet style for 6.95!). Rooms were basic and a little tired to be honest, but who spends a lot of time in their room when on holiday?! We were in room 305 which was situated at the back so we encountered no noise in our rooms - the only thing that disturbed our sleep was the extremely low temperature in our room! No matter how high we put the thermostat, the room would simply not heat up. We mentioned it to Reception but nothing seemed to be done. However we were only there for two nights so we were not too bothered by this - and in any case, our overindulgence in the Irish Coffees and Guinness' seemed to help us get past this :-)

All in all, would absolutely go back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a nigh floor room facing the back if you wish be undisturbed by the noise at night.
Dear 88_Denise_88,

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the heating. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and I will investigate this immediately.

We hope to see you again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel was central for visiting local sites and very handy for evening outings. The Hotel was clean and facilities good .Staff were welcoming and really helpful, I would recommend this to a friend,

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room as noise could be an issue due to hotel's location in night life area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Vernester,

Thank you for taking the time to recommend and write a review about your recent stay at Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of our team here.

We hope to see you again.