“Bring ear plugs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Bring ear plugs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We spent our wedding anniversary in Dublin and had booked in this charming hotel. It was the perfect hotel, super rooms, a bit tatty (water damage not overpainted and the bathroom looked a bit old-fashioned.) The jaccuzi did not work. But the noice was unbearable at night. Ask for a room toward the back. The front too loud. Also, people in the hotel were very loud, slamming the doors, talking loudly on their way back to their rooms.
Next time another district, not Dublin's noisiest. But on a whole, it was charming,breakfast was super and rich and we had a great time. And yes, they did provide tea and coffee facilities as well in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear aetoma43,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Temple Bar Hotel.
First of all let us congratulate you on your wedding anniversary. Secondly, please accept our sincere apologies regarding noise you experienced. We do have inner courtyard rooms available that would not have noise from surrounding business around us. We would also like to thank you for your lovely comments about our breakfast and coffee facilities in the room.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to the Temple Bar Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,
Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in room 221, Non Smoking, Triple. I would suggest a triple, the room is larger and comparable in price.

No view but that didn't matter. And yes, there was noise when the window was open from the craic on Fleet St., but I knew the area I was booking was the entertainment district. I enjoyed the music wafting into the room in the midnight hours. I could hear glasses clinking, people talking and laughing in the street. Some yelling too. Just Dublin being Dublin.

The room was clean, stocked with coffees and teas, glasses, mugs and an automatic kettle. The bathroom was spacious. Hand and bath towels provided, but smaller face towels needed to be called down for. Housekeeping was prompt, before noon, so use the DND door card. I had a nice sleep in the bed. The room is not extravagant, but is does have what you need.

Breakfast was tasty. Irish/Continental with coffee, tea, water, milk, orange and currant juice selections. On my morning there they had a basket of croissants, not irish, but one of the best croissants I have had in a long time. Satisfying after a pub and pint filled night.

My experience with the staff was all positive. Front desk was quick for check in. I liked the smile on the young mans face that delivered my room service. I come from a tip for service country, and was excited and happily over-tipped. Heh. Wish I had a reason to call back down, I can only imagine the treatment! I can recommend the fish and chips. Thick piece of fish, fried and crunchy, and was not oily. 30 euro for two fish and chips and two desserts.

The hotel property included a bar, a disco, and restaurant. The parking is off site, honestly only a straight 2 minute walk and there is a discount so it is only 15 euro the entire day.

I paid 73 euro for the room total. I will add my email to their mailing list for some deals in the future because i would stay here again.

Had a great time!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 221, Non Smoking, Triple. Very clean. I liked the extra space the triple provided...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear ladymaire,
We are delighted to read your positive comments about our hotel rooms, breakfast and staff. We will pass on your great feedback to all staff.

Thank you for choosing Temple Bar Hotel and it will be a pleasure to have you return.

Kind Regards,
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The hotel is perfectly located in the Temple Bar district. Also, when I was doing my comparison shopping, this was the best value. All of the major attractions, bars and restaurants are near by. The Airport bus drops you off a few yards away. The staff is also very friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast is an all you can eat buffet for 8 euros, which is the only food deal you will find in Ireland.

The one piece of warning I would have is that it is extremely noisy, so if sleep is important to you, this might not be the place for you. On the first night we stayed in the northwest corner. I think we were right above a night club. Our whole room was shaking and after closing time (3am) people screamed outside for another hour or so (and that was a Wednesday night). The second night we asked to be moved, and the staff was very accommodating and moved us to the east side, which was a lot less noisy.

On a side note there is a large bar called, Farrington's, which is right down the street from the hotel. There are very few tourists there, mostly locals. They also have live music every night (acoustic guitar, not trad irish music), and a great beer selection. Good people watching too.

Room Tip: -Ask for a room on the east side (right side of the hotel), which is much less noisy. -Take advanta...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank APChi
Dear APChi,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. In relation to the noise you experienced, we are located right in the centre of Temple Bar and as such, from time to time we do suffer a degree of noise disruption from the surrounding business and equipment operation. Please accept our sincere apologies.
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff and breakfast deal. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to relevant teams.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to the Temple Bar Hotel in the future.

Stafford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Myself & two other colleagues stayed here on business, although not close to the office it was convenient to sample Dublin. Reception staff were lovely, very helpful. Room OK, not my choice butt clan and somewhere to lay our heads. The showers are not very good and generally cold.
The hotel is on the main street where all the pubs and restaurants are so it was very noisy. At times it felt like the entertainer next door was playing the banjo in my bedroom. Finally when the music dies down people start kicking the shutter doors for fun... then the street cleaners start - don't go for a rest! I would highly recommend requesting a high room at the back if possible.
We didn't eat in the hotel, we found a really nice restaurant called Boxty, 3 courses for 25 Euros, the food was absolutely lovely (you must book as it gets very busy).
Would recommend the hotel for it's location...

Room Tip: 224 spacious room with a massive bed but very noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LibbyMay
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear LibbyMay,

I am delighted to read your positive comments about our reception staff. I will make sure to pass them on to our front office team.
Please accept our apologies regarding noise you experienced. We do have quiet rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.
We will investigate shower & water temperature in your room to make sure this issue will be resolved immediately.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Temple Bar hotel for one night with a friend - staff were helpful on check in and the room was comfortable and very clean. The location of this hotel is so convenient, I cannot emphasise this enough. There are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance. We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on their food. There was a lot of street noise heard from the room - which, as we stayed on a Monday night was not so much people partying but of very early morning deliveries to the adjacent bars. We were woken at around 8am by the very loud clinking of crates of glass bottles which seemed never ending! But then again, if you expect a peaceful nights sleep you should not stay anywhere in Temple Bar as it's so busy! If I were to stay here again I would bring my own hair dryer as the one provided is useless. There is also a distinct lack of sockets in the room, and none convenient to the one mirror. However I would stay here again for the low price and convenient location - as long as a restful nights sleep is not your priority the Temple Bar hotel should suffice.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Slickvic1982
Dear Slickvic 1928,

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced some noise disruption. Please accept our sincere apologies. Due to being so centrally located we do have some levels of noise coming from the streets and businesses around us. Unfortunately it is not always possible to keep the noise away.
We will investigate the hairdryer in your room to make sure it is fully functional. We have not encountered this being a problem before so we will definitely look into this.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and cleanliness of rooms. I will pass on your compliments to relevant departments.

Lombard, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great location and price. The hotel is within walking distance to lots of great attractions. Front desk staff was very helpful.I had read some earlier reviews that complained about the noise, but we asked for and received a quiet room. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aileeno
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear aileeno,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of our team here.

Geraldton WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of our stay in Ireland, and the reception staff were more than adequate with our check-in process. The location is very central, and very hand for exploring the inner city areas. Our room was spacious enough, and clean and comfortable. The heating was difficult to regulate, and we needed to open the windows on occasions to cool things down a bit. Breakfast was more than adequate and the wait staff very helpful.
We we located on the first floor, and our windows were directly over a lane way. The noise was quite annoying, and did interrupt our sleep, particularly the second night.
The issue of street noise could easily solved with double glazing - we had a similarly located hotel in Barcelona and the double glazing kept all the street noise out - something for Management to consider given the consistent reference to street noise by reviewers.
I am not sure I would stay here again as, whilst the service and amenities of the hotel are very very good, the noise from the streets is a significant problem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SallyGeraldtonWA
Dear SallyGeraldtonWA,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have quiet rooms in the hotel, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.