“Great location - small, nice and clean”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #37 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great hotel for the party or shopping weekend, location lifting it from "average" to "very good". Small rooms but quite adequate, nice and clean. Helpful and good service on my floor, cannot say the same about the reception, unfortunately. A number of cheerful clubs in the same street and an OK bar in the hotel. Very "functional" but don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Some rooms facing pubs and clubs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Vidvandrer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Temple Bar Hotel

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed at the Temple Bar Hotel Tuesday-Thursday this week with my boyfriend during our little mini-break in Dublin. The hotel is great! Located right in the heart of Temple Bar, really close to the river, shops and lots of pubs and restaurants. Check-in was very efficient and staff were really friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor and was lovely and big with a table and chairs in the room and a nice comfy bed. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room too and a hairdryer which was useful. It is obviously a bit noisy at night because you're slap bang in the middle of Dublin!! But we didn't find that a problem at all and slept soundly. I'm not sure why people expect complete quietness in a city centre hotel on a street filled with pubs and happy people!! Some people don't have anything else to do but moan. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return if we come to Dublin again :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Lauren H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we were delighted to read of your experience at Temple Bar Hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. We really appreciate your compliments and we hope to welcome you back again in the future

Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed last week for 1 night and was not impressed, for a Hotel in a popular tourist area it was extremely disappointing. Check in was quick and efficient and front staff very pleasant. Room was on third floor overlooking an alley which was obviously used by hotel staff to go in and out because the noise started about 6am talking laughing as peoples were out for a smoke or going in and out. Room was small but adequate small table and 2 chairs took up far to much room might have been better without maybe just leave 1 chair bit too cramped bathroom was roomy plenty of nice soft towels. The worst thing was the bed it was very comfy BUT it looked like the bedclothes had not been changed after the last guest left the sheets and pillowcases were not fresh you could see it straight away when I pulled back clothes to have a look there were hairs in the bed and stains on the sheets one actually looked like blood. Normally I would have asked to be changed but when at reception they told other potential customers looking for a room that they were completely booked up. There were leaflets in the room adverting the restaurant and the different meal and sitting options but when I rang down to book a table I was told it was closed only open on Friday and Saturday. We tried to get food In bar but gave up after a half an hour sitting there 1st there was no staff behind bar and when the girl came back she completely ignored us. If I had of been staying longer than 1 night I definitely would have went elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel..
1  Thank FrancesC50
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear doownelg,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we offer our guests. Thank you for your kind comments in relation to the Reception Team.

I can assure you that our bed linen is changed after the departure of every guest but I will pass your comments on to the Accommodation Team.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the service delay in Buskers – I would like to apologise for this and I will mention it to our Beverage Team immediately.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to Temple Bar Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I decided on this hotel after reading such good reviews. No disappoints. This area in heart of Temple Bar, where the Pubs. The staff is very attentive and friendly. One day chooses to eat at the hotel and the food was very good, the waiter was kind enough to invite glass of Baily's. I recommend it. I hope to return soon

• Stayed: September 2013
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear xanaveganwolf,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your kind remarks with the rest of our team and we hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 9 December 2013

If you're looking for bars, pubs and being central, this hotel is perfect. Right in the heart of it all on Temple Bar. Staff were all very helpful and friendly, booked us a taxi for our early morning flight. Huge bed, clean, and everything you need. Would definitely stay again and recommend it!

Room Tip: If you want a double bed, request it. Try and get a room round the side or back so it's not too...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Kelly W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

If you fancy a central location for many beers, it's fine. If you think you are coming for a romantic trip with your beloved.....think again! Tired hotel with poor breakfast..... cold! Great to stroll back to after 20 or so pints of Guinness.....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken P

Dear Ken P,

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Great hostel, full of nice people. Great staff and nice kitchen to cook your own meal. Best spot to stay in Dublin. I have made friends for life in this place. Clean rooms and facilities very near. Pubs, bars, shops, laundry everything you'll need, you'll find around Temple Bar. Friendly staff. I really recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013