Temple Bar Hotel
US$169
US$278
US$253
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$221
US$210
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
2,499 results
All reviewstemple barbuskers bargreat locationfleet streetnight lifetrinity collegenoise from the streetcentral locationbars and restaurantsquiet roomlight sleepernoisy at nightthird floorgrafton streetearplugsbridnightlife
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Clean, friendly, modern looking Hotel in the heart of Dublin. Perfect location for getting about the town and seeing everything worth seeing in Dublin. Managed to sample two of their rooms after our TV died in the first. As they couldn't fix or replace it got moved to a stunning room at the front of the Hotel. They really didn't need to go that far, but we can hardly fault them for being generous! I spoke to quite a few of the staff during our stay (directions, advice etc) and all were attentive, pleasant and very helpful. Nice hot & cold breakfast buffet and reasonably priced, particularly midst the expense of the Temple Bar area. It has a Tesco Metro directly over the road for handy essentials.
We, personally, couldn't fault it, but we can anticipate light sleeping travellers might find rooms at the front of the Hotel a little noisy. Our first room (420) was above a side street on the right of the Hotel (if looking out). Whilst this was your average sized Hotel room, it was quieter than the front, though the wind did whistle impressively past the window! Our second room (330) was a massive suite of a room on the left front corner of the Hotel (as you look out). Brilliant room, loved it! But you do get to fully appreciate the revelry of Dublin's nightlife audibly. All I would say is it is the centre of town, it is Dublin, and it is a warm-hearted joyous city, and people are having a good time. We enjoyed it, and enjoyed being part of it. If you are a fastidious light sleeper who doesn't like noise, you might want to ask for a room away from the front of the Hotel, or consider somewhere else away from Dublin altogether. If you are going to Dublin to have a good time, see the sights, experience the heart of Ireland, this makes for a perfect platform. Safe deposit boxes in the rooms with no hidden charges. Faultless room service. Attentive staff. Would definitely go back! Booked through Thomas Cook, but have seen you can get slightly better deals thru other agents. We've used Thomas Cook a few times and as yet they haven't let us down.Why change a winning formula?
Would avoid drinking in the Temple Bar area though. Generally unnecessarily expensive. In just a short stroll you can conserve your drinking money. We were recommended O'Neil's Pub (round the corner from Trinity College Tourist Office), unfortunately only found it on our last night. For drinks and live music its a winner

Room Tip: 420 is to the right of the Hotel (as you look out) and seemed a quieter room. 330 is over the front left of the Hotel and is a stunning room, but could be noisy for a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan M
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Alan M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience with regards to the TV in your first room.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Booked with travel republic and they only allow you to specify standard room which when we arrived turned out to be a twin room on the 4th floor. We asked if there was a chance of change to double room, the guy on reception reluctantly moved us to first floor which are all smoking rooms and the one we took happened to be a great big room with massive king size bed and also a single bed but stunk of stale cigarettes and I thought might be noisy later - we thought we would give it a go but when we returned approx 11.30pm after our valentines night out it was a regret that we had accepted the room.. The noise from buskers was unbearable! After an hour of trying to sleep I decided to ring reception and asked to be moved, he kindly said he would move us to 426 which was on the front of the hotel - this room would be ideal if the window closed properly. It wasn't quite as noisy as the first room but still noisy enough that it's now 00:32 and I'm wide awake writing this review when I've been up
Since 5am yesterday and I'm shattered! This hotel is spoilt by noise pollution in my opinion which is a shame as it's ideally located, has great facilities and attentive staff. If only they would invest in double glazing??!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Candacowley,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. I was disappointed to read your comments about the noise you experienced during your stay. Due to our location right in the centre of Temple Bar, from time to time we do suffer a degree of noise disruption from the surrounding business and equipment operation.

The Valentines weekend was exceptionally busy and our quiet rooms were fully reserved. However, if you choose to stay with us again we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here only one night, on recommendation from our taxi driver when I asked him to drop me off at the Hard Rock Hotel in Dublin, which is nearly next door to this hotel. My friends and I needed a place to stash our bags while we went exploring and this was convenient, so I booked it sight unseen. I wasn't unimpressed - it was what you should expect. A lot of traffic in and out of the hotel, due to the location, which is great. I went in January so it was low season, so not terribly busy or congested, but clearly very popular. The room was clean and decent, and quiet despite the location. No complaints. I didn't partake in the breakfast option so I can't help you there, but I thought this was a great value. The rates went up considerably the next day (considered Thu a weekend I suppose) but we were leaving Dublin anyhow, and I wouldn't have stayed there at the upgraded price had we not. But for the time and situation it was great. Would recommend staying there to anyone who wants to be close to all the activity of the Temple Bar area but wants something more than a hostel or shared amenities.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear writersxblock,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.
I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

What a great hotel. Stayed here for the first time with work over the weekend and it didn't disappoint. Staff and service are second to none. Nothing was too much trouble for them from the minute I checked in until checking out.
Special mention must go to Oscar on the front desk (a true star) who appears to be able to remember every guest's name and addresses them with it - a small touch but really appreciated.
Duty manager Steve was also friendly and made us feel extremely welcome.

If you're looking for a nicely priced hotel in the centre of Dublin that is right in the heart of things then this is the place for you.
Heartily recommend it.
thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear paulforde,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. We were delighted to read such positive and complimentary remarks which I will share with Oscar, Steve and the rest of our team.

Thank you for choosing Temple Bar Hotel

Reviewed 8 February 2014

As a young couple . This place was just perfect we where right in the middle of temple bar and we were walking distance from all the bars and clubs . The room we felt was just lovely it wasn't to fancy and it suited us .. We were going to a concert in the Olympia and it only took us about a 10 min walk from the Hotel . After the concert we went to the night club alchemy which is owned by the Hotel .. There was Free entry all you had to do was show your bedroom card .. Needless to say inside was top class .. we are definitely going to go back as we loved our stay there . Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Trulyireland,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we were delighted to read of your experience at Temple Bar Hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. We really appreciate your compliments along with your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future