“Great location”

Ranked #40 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Right in the middle of templebar, this hotel is easy to get to from the bus/train station and is located close to all the tourist attractions. A great hotel for experiencing the nightlife in the heart of Dublin, so don't be expecting a quiet night. The lobby is lovely, the breakfast was ok and the hotel was generally very clean. The rooms are small but this is to be expected in the centre of Dublin. However, the room we were assigned was not pleasant due to the air conditioning unit for the hotel/bar being located right outside our window. There was no city view, but that wasn't a problem. The view was a network of pipes and fans...and the noise...was awful. It was a very not night in Dublin, there was no air con in the room so we had to open the window...it was a case of over heat or not sleep with noise. We had a twin room and my friend's bed sagged in the middle and was missing quite a few springs. Hence she got absolutely no sleep. If checking into the hotel, Ask for a room on a higher floor, away from air con units and check the beds before you turn in for the night! We did raise these issue with reception the following morning but she said there was nothing she could do as we had pre paid. We weren't looking for discount, we were looking for an apology and a comment that they had taken it on board and we review the situation. The hotel bar, Buskers, has live music and is a pleasant place to sit for a few drinks and watch the world go by!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cmcn2011
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear cmcn2011,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel, we pride ourselves on our central location and I am glad this enhanced your trip to Dublin.

In relation to the noise you experienced, we are located right in the centre of Temple Bar and from time to time we do suffer a degree of noise disruption from the surrounding business and equipment operation. We have quiet rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the Buskers team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
abu dhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights arriving on a Saturday afternoon. First impressions weren't good when a bunch slightly tiddly women spilled out of reception as we were going in. However, the room was a pleasant surprise - fairly large and being on the 4th floor away from the street, there was no noise pollution at all. There was good storage, a bath tub, safe, tea/coffee making facilities and free wifi. The location is excellent - couldn't be more central. Breakfast is good and varied, even though they could be a bit quicker replenishing the hot food (twice had to wait about 10 mins). A few minor negative points - the toilet flushing handle didn't work properly, and despite reporting this, it wasn't fixed. There were no bathroom 'minis' - only soap and shampoo dispensers. It was lucky I had brought a bar of soap otherwise I don't know how you are supposed to manage when taking a bath, with the soap out of reach high up on the wall. The bar looked tacky, so we didn't use it. They ought to make sure their staff have a minimum standard of English before employing them, as twice we asked (non reception) staff members questions and they didn't understand. Also, they should train their chambermaids how to make beds properly. The lower sheets were still crumpled so clearly all they did was pull the top bedding up. The duvets were so tightly tucked in that when you pulled them out to get into bed, you also pulled all the lower bedding out ( this was every day - not just a one off). Very annoying!

Room Tip: Request a 4th floor room away from the street if you want peace and quiet. Ours was 411.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear dupeyabu,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your experience in Temple Bar Hotel. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we offer our guests. While I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to the toilet handle and the bed linen, thank you for bringing it to our attention and I will discuss this with our accommodation team.

Please be assured we have taken your feedback on board and will be reviewing our procedures to prevent a repetition of this occurrence. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to Temple Bar Hotel in the future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed July 2014 on a very busy weekend. The location cannot be faulted, unless you want something considerably quieter. My friends had rooms overlooking Fleet St, and on a night time it is VERY loud - ear plugs recommended.

Rooms were ok, I think the professional photo's do flatter the quality of accommodations, and the size of the bed in my room and my friends room was ok for 1 person, not great for couples.

Bathrooms were pretty decent, the only gripe was that the shower was quite low, so anyone over 5ft 10 would likely need to bend down to wash hair. I do find this is an issue for me personally in a lot of hotels.

Breakfast - Buffet style was good, plenty of fresh food. Wasnt too busy in the restaurant when we were in there. Be aware that if you leave early on a Sunday as we did, breakfast doesnt open until 8am. This could be an issue for anyone flying to the USA for example.

Buskers bar was nice, clean, and did a decent pint of Guinness, we did not venture into the nightclub on site though.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a partying weekend in Dublin, but if you are looking for something quieter, then perhaps looks elsewhere to avoid the madness on a night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear StagParty,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team.

We do have quiet rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of
these rooms.

Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I could not rate this hotel high enough! Stayed here with a group of girls for a hen on the 18th/19th July and the service was first class!! Maria made the whole booking process so simple and Connor who did our cocktail making session was fantastic as well!! Best service ever and would highly recommend!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LDillon00
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear LDillon00,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to read positive feedback.

I will pass on your kind remarks to Maria, Connor and the rest of the team. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Dublin. This Temple Bar location is excellent. You can't beat the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff. We stayed here two nights in early May. We did request a room away from the street since we heard it can be noisy. Our room was tucked away and noise free. They offer an excellent Irish breakfast which is a great way to fuel up for a day of sightseeing. I am planning to return to Dublin in 2015 and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Carrie B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your kind remarks with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2015!

Denbigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Less than a minutes walk from the bus stop from the Irish ferries terminal. Clean rooms with comfortable beds, friendly pleasant staff and a hearty breakfast. Buskers Bar and the Whiskey corner are well worth a visit. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Colin2510,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we were delighted to read of your experience at Temple Bar Hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. We really appreciate your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having stayed here previously about 6 years ago I knew it was a great central location right in the heart of Dublin which is why I chose this hotel again, however, this time we our room was right on the front and on the second floor and as it was warm on a night we couldn't have the windows open as it was extremely noisy and it got very warm in the room due to having windows closed. There is also work being done directly over road in the building above the Tesco which meant we were being woke up early on a morning by all different workmen. We only stayed for the 2 nights which we were ready to go home for a good nights sleep. The bed was comfortable but I'm not entirely positive that the sheets and towels were changed as the bed sheet has blood on the bottom sheet, the breakfast was lovely and staff were great and the guy on reception was very apologetic when we checked out. I do think that if I visit Dublin in the near future that I will be choosing a different hotel where It isn't as noisy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not on the Main Street and definitely high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Julie W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your experience in Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am glad this enhanced your trip to Dublin.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the bed linen. I can assure you our linen & towels are changed after every guest when they check out. However, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please be assured we have taken your feedback on board and we will investigate your comments.

We have both quiet rooms and fans available upon request.

We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we offer our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to Temple Bar Hotel in the future.