“Good Day Out But...”

Ranked #21 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of the world's oldest zoos, Dublin Zoo is also modern in design and houses more than 600 animals. It has been redesigned in recent years to be a safe environment for people and the animals with gardens, lakes and natural habitats.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visited Dublin Zoo for the first time in a long time. Was pleasantly surprised at all the new enclosures. The African Plains is really good. Only downside was the Meerkat Restaurant which I visited at 2.30pm to be told pizza oven off but will make a sandwich. If you are going to have a restaurant open at a major visitor attraction it should be fully open and stocked. Pity as this is what I will tell people about regarding my visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family of 4 went to vist the zoo. We have 2 teenage boys.
we had a bit of a wait to get our ticket but it was ok added to the excitement of it all. The person taking the money was very happy cheerful person, and indeed helpful.

we walked into the zoo in a lovely afternoon sun. We found there was lots of animals to see and different areas to vist I lved the African part.

we were lucky enough to see the tigers getting fed, eating raw chicken, just a bit of glass separates you from them. ( very thick glass I may add) we loved the wolfs as well.

all our family really enjoyed our day. Its a must to go you will love it.

we did take a very big pack lunch with us there is a lot of tables around the zoo you will find a free 1. Food I would say expensive so good idea to pack something.

1  Thank relaxingbelfast
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We've been to Dublin Zoo before, but we love coming back. It's a great park with many different animals. Had lunch at Meerkat Reastaurant - they have many different items to choose from, and we even managed to find some gluten free items there.

1  Thank MV309
Reviewed 15 July 2014

my sister and i recently visited the zoo with my 2.5 yr old nephew..we had a super day..i hadnt been in a few yrs but we were very impressed with the overall experience..It was clean..well laid out..the animal enclosures were large, clean and they provided a large variety of all sorts of animals...my nephew really enjoyed watching the hippo peep up out of his swimming pool...we got to see the Giraffes and Seals being fed..My sis loves the giraffes and was del to be able to get so close to hear the zoo keeper speak about the giraffes and see them being fed...we got to see the elephants being washed..we even met one of the zoo keepers that stars on the zoo prog on rte..he was so nice..there was great bathroom...picnic and eating facilities around the park....

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Bit expensive as we paid 55Euro for 2 adults 1 student and 1 child.Also it is really badly signposted.glad we knew it was in Phoenix park as there was no sign posts to tell us..even at the entrance! Then in the park itself we could not find the entrance to the actual zoo and had to ask people..NO signposts with directions and the park is very large.. the zoo itself was good well laid out and nice surroundings. Though we felt some enclosures seemed small for some of the animals. Came away feeling a bit sorry for the animals. Plenty of toilets..dont queue up at the ones at the entrance...queued for ages in case there weren't anymore but there were loads....with no queues....Brought a picnic in with us as you will be there for a long time and prices for food and drinks are expensive. Good day out though and nice experience if you are in dublin..