“Impressive”

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Impressive”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After several trips to Dublin, this time I decided to visit the Casino Marino and I'm very glad that I did. What an impressive structure! The tour guide was wonderful and so happy to share the building's history and design features.

I decided to use the local Dublin Bus system to head out to Malahide Castle (Bus 42 from Eden Quay) and then on our return trip, make an extra stop by getting off at the Dooneycarney stop (Mount Temple School on the left can be a marker for when you are nearing the bus stop.) When we got off of the bus I was worried that we had been misdirected. There was a pub and a pharmacy right as we got off the bus, but nothing else. I went into the pharmacy and they assured me that I was in the right place. They told me to cross the street, walk up past the Dublin Fire Brigade Training Headquarters entrance and then I would see it on my left. It seemed like we were going too far up the street, but her directions were spot on...trust yourself as you walk past a residential area before reaching the correct street. (Another marker for you to check is the golf course entrance that is across the street.) Once you look left after the residential area you will see a sign and initial entrance for the Casino. You then have to turn left again and walk up a rather long driveway to the actual building. (A considerable walk, but very easy to do once you know where you're going.)

Touring this historical building was definitely worth the walk and bit of confusion getting there.

1 Thank wishIweretraveling

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A building that is both beautiful and an optical illusion.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A little out of the way of the city centre lies this beautiful building, While it looks like a one story building from a distance as you get closer you realise its size. And inside you are shocked to discover how big it actually is. Not quite the TARDIS but as close as you will get in Dublin. Very close to the coastal area of Clontarf and Bull Island, if you are in the area, come pay a visit.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Special”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I suppose it helped that one we travelled here we got to enjoy some extra time in the grounds and the weather was superb which helped the atmosphere considerably but this was something that didn't come into our radar and was very special

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Casanova G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best €3 You will ever spend.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I went to the Casino in Marino last week with a friend, Its not My first visit and was looking forward to a nice tour.
Boy was I surprised, The tour guide was the most educated, knowledgeable and friendly I have ever encountered. Such a delight to be educated by someone who loves Her job so much.
The Tour starts in the basement ware You are told about the History and construction of the Casing, Who What When and ware. ( Although I would suggest You have a walk around the outside before You take the Tour, It will give You greater respect for the " Tardis" effect later)
Then You are brought trough the Layers of this beautiful edifice, To the final step of the tour on the top floor.
I cant recommend this Tour more, €3 is all it costs, and i think some days are free on Heritage week.
If You are travelling from abroad, From anywhere in Ireland or even If You are from North side Dublin, You deserve to give Yourself a Morning of Afternoon in the Casino Marino .

79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the third time I have visited Casino Marino - the last was maybe 20 years ago! It certainly is worth visiting again and again. This time I got the bus there - a great selection from the city centre - we got the 123 from O'Connell Street out, and 27 back - the web site tells you all the buses and where they go from.
We had a lovely tour with an Italian girl who explained and pointed out the architectural features, the windows where were not from the inside, drain pipes hidden in pillars, doors that were not what they seemed. The parquet floor is covered by lino, but she revealed a portion to us - the lino is a pastiche of the underlying floor.
We were lucky with the day we were there - great views across to the Sugar Loaf Mountain, despite all the houses in between.
I will certainly revisit here again.

1 Thank Margo37