“A gem”

Dublin Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Entry to Over 30 Attractions
Ranked #72 of 531 things to do in Dublin
“A gem”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my second visit my first was 8 years ago while studying interior design in college...so the first tour was purely about architecture and the interior....I can't remember the guide then going into detail about the history of the man himself ..I certainly don't remember the use of it as been for serious business I thought a folly was used for naughtiness dinner parties and favolities....any how that aside I love his building as it as direct views to the Sugarloaf as I live in wicklow this is my marker for home....The building is fantastic. ..I was intrigued by the extra history I learned from the guide yesterday...The only disappointed was the now covered up floors I understand they have to be preserved but the covering is like cheap lino....maybe toughened glass could have been used to show sections of it and it's beauty....well spent Sunday morning and it's such value for money....next historical
house is Florence court...All I say is I am at my happiest when walking through these buildings...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit and only €3!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Have to say the OPW never fail to amaze me with the quality of their work and again here with the tour and guide. Very interesting local attraction and with the promised coffee/tea facilities it should continue to be one of the top northside attractions.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A suprise.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I couldn't believe we'd never heard of this building on our doorstep and with the very knowledgeable friendly guide it makes for a very interesting visit.
if your looking for somewhere different to visit for a few hours
go here.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great HIstory in Dublin 3”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I paid a visit to the Casino in Marino as part of a group recently and I must say I was amazed at all it contained inside and out. I have often passed by car and wondered what was "inside" those gates. Beautiful building and interesting history of the area. if you are from North Side Dublin you will really enjoy it. Suitable for visitors also. Lovely grounds and so vast. Great for group tours or solo travellers.

Visited June 2014
Bham
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Wanted to visit as love 'The Marino Waltz'”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Have always been really keen to visit here as am a Dubliners fan and have always loved John Sheehan's composition - The Marino Waltz
Agree - it is tricky to find - better sign posting is required - well worth the effort though. It really is a hidden gem.
Perhaps could have the Marino Waltz playing to add to the atmosphere!

Visited July 2014