“Dont be fooled like we were!!!this a hostel not a hotel. Place is filthy rooms are shocking and terrible service no satisfaction”

My Place Dublin Hotel
Ranked #125 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Don't be fooled !!! This is a hostel not a hotel, the place is filthy, dirty shower sockets hanging out of the wall , dirty glasses, broken window . The list is endless and when we asked to speak to the manager the refused to speak to us . We then asked for our money back and were told no way at the end of the day it's a business .. This place is a hostel and they have a few private rooms everyone shares the same reception , Halls doors ect. so basically it is a overpriced hostel and don't be fooled like we were don't ever stay here it's the worst place I have ever stayed in .

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Pretty much the worst place I stayed in during my 38 day trip across Europe. I was desperate because there was a Rihanna concert and everywhere else was completely full.

I stayed in the female dorms which held 12 women. I felt like I was staying in a refugee camp or a sweatshop dorm or something. The bunk beds were so wobbly and cheap I thought they would collapse beneath me as I climbed up. None of the personal lamps worked. It was quiet enough. I couldn't tell if it was clean or not because the light was so dim. To get to the shower and toilets you had to go through a door into a hallway, walk down a flight of stairs into a basement and into a communal shower area that seriously reminded me of a gas chamber. One set of showers had nice curtains. The other set had opaque/vaguely see-through shower curtains. Who buys see-through shower curtains for communal showers?
The bathrooms were filthy. I could tell the shower hadn't been wiped down in several days.

There was also a dress code! We couldn't wear pajamas into any public areas! I understand not wanting people to wear revealing clothing, but considering the showers and toilets are on a different floor, not wanting people to be in their sleeping clothes is a little ridiculous.

Didn't linger too much in the common area. It smelled really badly of B.O. When I went to check out at the front desk, there were two spiders on the sign explaining the cost of breakfast. I can't say anything about the actual rooms, but if you need to stay in a hostel, stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RebeccaS1991

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Worst hostel i've stayed in! Staff is rude, breakfast tastes bad, rooms smelly and they steal everything!!! iphone 5, camera, kredit card, jacket AND EVEN MY TOOTHBRUS got stolen WHEN I WAS SLEEPING!!!

Never again!! THIS PLACE IS NOT MY PLACE!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We booked in here for 1 night as we were in Dublin to see Robbie Williams and the hotel was great! We booked a triple room and paid €129 so only about €43 each! Room was plenty spacious for 3 people for 1 night! The room was quiet with a black out blind on the window and wall mounted tv, plus it had an en suite with towels, shower gel and hairdryer provided! The location couldn't have been better, 5 minute walk to O'Connell Street and the main shopping district, 10 minute walk to Temple Bar! Overnight car parking was available at the nearby (2 min walk) Q-Park carpak which only cost €12.50! If using here pay for your ticket at the helpdeska as the pay machine will try and charge you €25.00! Overall a brilliant place to stay, if you'd prefer to save your money for shopping eating and drinking then this place is perfect for you!

• Stayed June 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hostel is great. It's one of the best hostels I've been to. It offered private rooms as well as dorm rooms. The private rooms were about $60 a night, which is a pretty good price for the location. It was near Trinity College and everything was close by. There's a great pub on the corner of the street. It's just a good place to be. There are lots of other places on this street, but what makes this one stand out is how friendly and helpful the staff was. I was super impressed by how clean it the place was as well. I dropped a pen behind a sofa and there wasn't one speck of dust! The room was also very clean. The only bad thing is that the walls a a little thin. Other than that, this place was great!

They also offer a 4 euro breakfast and a 7 euro shuttle. And when the shuttle couldn't pick me up, a taxi did at the hostel's cost! I only had to pay the 7 euros. I think this is a great place to stay, and I will probably be back!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room in the basement, but they said there was a nicer room. If you don't like stay...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Hotel was 100% worth the money for 5 students staying for two nights.
Pictures of hotel rooms and hotel on website are exactly the same as what they are in reality.
The hotel is only a few streets away from O'Connell street , Connelly station , Busaras and Luas stops.
There are plenty of Irish pubs near the hotel that serve good food for reasonable prices and two supermarkets within a 5 minute walk.
The hotel staff were very helpful

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Do not stay here. First, it is smelly, second, the room had stains on the carpet, wall covered with clumps of dirt/dust, the safe didn't work, corners of the room had collected piles of dirt. We had reserved a room through Expedia, first the hotel manager said that Expedia controlled the refund policy, then I called Expedia, they said it was up to the Hotel Manager (Ann) to "release" the refund (so Ann lied) then when I asked he she refused to honor the agreement about canceling our stay, saying she went by the Dublin Expedia office rules, ignoring the printed Expedia agreement that clearly and simply stated if we canceled before checking in, we may need to pay for one night, but that the rest of the reservation could be canceled. It is clearly a hostel not an "elegant" hotel. We had a room that faced the street...very noisy all night, beds were awful. The breakfast was good for 4E.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family