My Place Dublin Hotel
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo double bedshuge roombudget hotelbus stationtea and coffeeten minute walkthe temple bar areaairlinkspire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This place shouldn't be called a hotel. It wasn't expensive so I didn't expect a 5 star experience but it was a terrible place to stay. We booked into the hotel section. I dread to think what the hostel section is like!! I have stayed in hostels all over europe and this was the worst. Even before we saw our room we had a bad feeling. Walls and handrails were filthy in common areas and carpet disgusting. We booked one double and a triple in the "hotel" area. Both rooms had damp on the walls and the smell was terrible. Dirt on walls, dried blood on curtains. peeling paint in the bathroom, holes beside plug sockets, wires uncovered. A fire hazard for sure. Hole beside lock on door!! The photo's on their own website did not reflect the room we had. We complained and were told there were no other rooms available. He was not helpful at all. So when checkin out we told another staff these rooms were not acceptable. We got a refund for one room. I was glad to get home and feel clean again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This should not be be billed as a hotel!! It is a Hostel and poor one at that, The entire building smelled, Location is the only thing it has going for it. The room was small, Water pressure was just a trickle NO Pressure!! It was a maze to find your room several buildings connected to make one big Dump.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

room was quite small and bed was tiny...but this was the cheapest place in the city centre, which i could find!! for that it was alright i guess. the breakfast was nice and filling, for 4.50€ - very good deal !! staff was very friendly. only thing that really disturbed me was the heat in the room, although it wasn´t very warm outside (maybe around 20°C / 68°F) and the window in our room was tiny... but all in all it was alright, especially for the low price (well, low price for dublin city centre)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed in the hostel at My Place and it was much better than I thought - having read reviews that it was pretty bad I was quite apprehensive but it was a nice surprise.

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was clean and tidy and had air conditioning. Kitchen facilities were not great but sufficient for the minimum. Common spaces were quite big with sofas, tables, 2 pool tables and foozball and TV. Showers were clean and water was hot and constant (which is a huge bonus) and the sink and toilets also clean if a little outdated.

Also, i forgot to check out until 5pm but the staff didnt kick up a fuss or try to charge me any more money which was greatly appreciated!

Good central location, recommended for any travellers on a low budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I booked a room in the "hotel" section of this establishment. There was nothing "hotel" about it. First and foremost, we were booked into a room on the 5th floor that meant lugging our luggage up 5 flights of narrow staircases. The room was musty and damp but linen was clean. The bathroom was teeny tiny and the shower door was broken. There was no hot water, so we had to endure cold showers. When we asked about hot water, we were told that we were high up and the pumps struggled to get hot water to the top floor - begs the question, why put rooms up there.

You would be better off booking into a hostel.

The service and assistance from the staff must be commended, all staff were very helpful in addressing issues brought to their attention.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple