My Place Dublin Hotel
US$147
US$262
US$223
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstwo double bedshuge roombudget hotelbus stationtea and coffeeten minute walkthe temple bar areaairlinkspire
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Pros: Large room. We booked a double, expecting one double bed, and our room had 2 double beds. And I think the ceiling was 20 feet tall. Convenient location in downtown, maybe a mile from Temple Bar. Slightly discounted parking at a nearby parking garage. Tasty continental breakfast. The sheets seemed clean, or at least they smelled freshly bleached. Very cheap - other hotels in the area had exorbitant prices when we visited because of an upcoming Fleetwood Mac concert, but this hotel was still very reasonable. Great pub down the road on the corner, and a grocery store a couple blocks farther on.

Cons: Overall dirty impression. Carpet was filthy, bathroom not the cleanest. Wi-Fi didn't work, even in the lobby. Front desk staff had a difficult time understanding English; I think they may have been foreign exchange students. The parking discount was misstated, possibly due to the language barrier, and we ended up missing the discounted timeframe. Overall it felt like we were staying in the hostel half of the hotel/hostel combo. And I have stayed at much nicer hostels in Europe.

Bear in mind, this is not a wheelchair accessible hotel. There is no elevator, and the staircase is steep and narrow.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street, and while I thought it would be noisy with the number of youths hanging out in front, it really wasn't. Don't know what the other rooms were like.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at My Place Dublin Hotel from the 17th jan to the 19th. After reading all the reviews on here I was really worried about staying here . I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived at 8.30am and was able to check in straight away. The reception staff were sooo helpful with everything. It was within walking minutes to o'connell street. I honestly think that the bad reviews were for the hostel part of the hotel. The only thing that I would say is that it could do with some redecorating as it's a little dated but that didn't stop us from enjoying our stay. Don't be out off by the bad comments just make sure your booked into the hotel and not the hostel. We would more than likely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelly H
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at My Place Hotel on NYE 2013 and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I arrive and was asked to wait by the receptionist in an area with nowhere to sit as there were people all over the place. After about a half an hour we eventually got checked in were informed the room 501 was on the 3rd floor and up 3 flights of very narrow stairs. This should be out on the hotels website to let people know that you will have to climb stairs as there's no lift.

Then we got into the room and what we saw was nothing short of shocking. The carpets were old and stained, there were damp patches on the walls and skirting board. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in and the 2 pillows(1 each) were wafer thin so we didn't sleep very well. As for the shower it was old and manky and I wouldn't dare have gotten into it. This ruined what should have been a great night for us. Then the piece de resistance happened in the morning when there was knock at the door at about 1115am. My partner opened it and it was housekeeping. Next thing about 2 minutes later the phone in the room rang and when my partner answered she was told, "you need to leave your room, check out is at 11!" I've never in all my days heard of an 11am check out in any hotel I've stayed in. Needless to say I was livid.

I am actually from Dublin and only booked into a hotel so as I would be with friends who had travelled over from England for the News Years Eve celebrations.

So basically I would advise people to avoid this place unless you want to stay in a dump of a hotel and not get very good service. Would I stay here again? Not if I got it for free I wouldn't.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MC_CFC1905
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I liked the hotel it is in the city centre which is very handy the staff is so friendly and helpfull! The rooms are basic but it is a good price that you pay for it the only bad thing is they dont have an elavator which is not very handy with suitcases otherwise i enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After reading the reviews, I was nervous that I was going to end up in the hostel part of the building and was dreading the faces my group would make.
When we turned up all of them said "wow, we werent expecting this" we had two large rooms, clean WHITE bathrooms and comfy beds. To be fair the decorating was a bit dated, but I wasnt paying for decorating.
Also if you end up on the top floor you might want some earplugs as we regularly heard our neighbours "enjoying themselves".
The staff were great. They ordered us taxis, reccomended places to eat and were more than happy to take photos for us etc. We werr also able to drop our bags off before check in as we arrived in Dublin at 7am.
As with previous reviews, id warn you to check which part of the building you have booked as the hostel didnt look appealing at all and the girls I were travelling with wouldnt have been comfortable staying there.
Its a ten minute walk from the temple bar area, but I wouldnt advise you walking it in heels on NYE.
Think the only thing I wasnt keen on was the shower. I think the bathroom sink had more power in it. It was still very clean and warm though so I wasnt too fussed. This place really was a basic place to stay with all the facilities you needed, clean, friendly staf. All good comments from me really :)

• Stayed: December 2013