“It is a museum about printing presses ”

National Print Museum
Ranked #135 of 503 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: In this digital age where information is at our fingertips, the National Print Museum affords the opportunity to step back in time to discover the traditional craft of letterpress printing and appreciate the importance of the invention of the printed word. Entrance to the Museum is free of charge. Opening hours: Mon-Fri 09-17.00, Sat-Sun 14-17.00 and closed bank holiday weekends. See the website for details of regular guided tours.
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“It is a museum about printing presses ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Mildly interesting...
I live in an apartment in Beggars Bush and walk past this museum every day.
I have always been curious about it and they had a day where it was free so bargain...
I have a healthy curiosity about the world and I love to learn new things but I found this museum barely value for money when it was free!
Lots of brilliant museums around Dublin, Chester Beatty is my number 1...

3 Thank Ray112

New Jersey, USA
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 300 helpful votes
“Interesting history of printing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I thought this was a great little museum . . . if you are interested in machines and printing. I spent over an hour here looking at the machines, watching the video, and I got a personal tour from a docent. Much attention to the printing of the 1916 Proclamation, which I found very interesting -- but I could easily see that this might not be everyone's cup of tea. Probably not of interest to children.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank formershrink
chiang mai
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice place to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I recommend getting the tour or at the very least asking questions of the volunteers/guides, the guides are very interesting and helpful. Getting talked through the printing of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic is a must! Very interesting and it will only be in their possession until 2014 as it is going up for auction after that.

You can use several of the machines and see how they work which is good fun

When we visited they had an exhibition upstairs of religious pamphlets from the 20th century which was really funny and actually great little pieces of art that capture a particular time in Irelands history when they were attempting to keep religion cool by using the most modern art styles to print pictures that give advice on topics like 'Will I be a nun?'

My one con - which I hope they will see is that it is very badly signposted. The museum is at the barracks in Beggars Bush but once you get inside the gates it is very hard to figure out where the museum itself actually is. It is right in the back corner past several other buildings.

Visited November 2013
Cloughjordan, Ireland
“Wonderful Little Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

A wonderful collection of working printing presses. The museum I staffed by a knowledgeable people who have a passion for the subject and know how everything works. To get the most from a visit spend time talking to the staff and typeset your own WANTED poster. They run frequent courses for both adults and children, when I visited there was a book binding course running in the upper gallery.

Visited October 2013
Vigevano
“A little treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Precious time spent with great men who still love their work.
For a contemporary graphic designer like me, it was very interesting!
A big thank to MrDevlin and to all the staff ;)

Visited July 2013