“Worst wax ever.”

and up
The National Wax Museum - Admission Ticket
Ranked #103 of 531 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Wax Museum Plus is an interactive tourist attraction based on 22-25 Westmoreland Street. It's fun for all the family!
Clevedon, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Worst wax ever.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Extremely disappointed with this exhibit. The only thing that stopped it being a one star was the fact you got a bit of the Irish history thrown it at the same time. Avoid unless its a rainy day.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Much better than I expected”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've lived in Dublin for a few years and always wanted to go to this museum, just for fun. I finally did and it was really good, much better than I expected. I've never been to any other wax museums (although I want to go!) but, from what I've heard of them, this one is different from the rest as it isn't simply famous people copied but exhibits which move through Irish history - while you may not recognise some of them (particularly if you aren't Irish), I thought it was really smart, making it particular to Ireland. Some of the figures aren't the best while some a fairly good. They're all interesting and fun though! Lots of different sections to the museum (history, science etc) which makes it really good and interesting! Would recommend it, definitely!

Visited May 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Day Trippers”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Good venue for a very wet afternoon. Didn't know what to expect, but was well pleased with the variety of exhibits. Lots of different historical figures and the audio button really helped.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Barryton, Michigan
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“It's okay...”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

To be honest it was just okay. A few of the exhibits were spot on but others were a miss. It is not something that I would make a point to return to in the future.

Visited April 2014
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“HA HA HA HA HA”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I don't know how people can dislike this place, we visited Dublin during winter so it was very cold and we didn't fancy trailing around. We found it by accident but so glad we did we thought it was so funny. The wax figures rent great but it adds to the charm. We practically had the place to ourselves so we spent ages laughing and taking photos well worth the admission!

Visited December 2013