“Best one”
Review of Sandymount Strand

Sandymount Strand
Ranked #165 of 567 things to do in Dublin
Reviewed 21 April 2014

One of the best beaches I have been to. Although the waters are really far but the sand gives a beautiful view. Its as if there is water embedded within. Its a long walk but worth !!

1  Thank Sarah3062014
in 4 reviews
"lighthouse"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 26 February 2014

And if you wanted to reach the waterline, when the tide is out you'll be wandering for a long long while!

It's also the closest beach to where I live - I've only just realised this - woo hoo!

If you live nearby, then lucky you. I wish I did too.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We walked along the strand at low tide on Christmas Day and it was a beautiful way to start the day. The sun was bright and warm and the grass still crisp with frost. The views across the sand at low tide are spectacular. Watch our for the many joggers and dog walkers!

1  Thank Adrian Y
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The sandy tidal flats of Sandymount strand are something which needs to be experienced by all. During low tide, the water seems to completely drain away for miles and the only hint of the sea is the outline of little sailboats on the horizon. So many people will walk endlessly to the horizon although I am content to watch from a little closer to the beach.

I have enjoyed quite a few strolls and one unfortunate buggy push through the sandy flats (I recommend leaving the buggy at home or close to the road).

I bought a kite last year and really enjoyed taking it out here with my son for a flight. Although the novelty may have been lost on him after awhile, I certainly enjoyed it. It can get very windy here though so I would recommend the stronger nylon or spinnaker kites and not the cheapo plastic ones.

Sandymount strand is a good place to visit and is in close proximity to transport links. I think it is a 10 minute walk from Sydney Parade or Sandymount DART stations.

2  Thank MSL_Dub
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2013

When you are visiting Dublin, don't stay in the city centre! There are so many beautiful sights to visit other than the monuments and the Guinness brewery :) This one is my favorite at the moment, because I live near by. Take the dart to Sandymount or Sydney Parade and in a few minutes you are on the beach. Amazing views of the harbour, Howth, Dun Laoghaire, and of course the sea! Instant relaxation! Perfect on a sunny day or with a good Autumn storm.

3  Thank Jola H