“Not Vegas, but it'll do in Dublin”

The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club
Ranked #223 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fitzwilliam Casino and Card Club is Dublin's favourite casino and has a reputation as the friendliest club in Ireland. The "Fitz" is open 6:00pm - 6:00am, 7 days a week and is within easy walking distance of many of the city's top attractions and hotels. Membership is free and open to all over 18, along with photo ID (Passport or Drivers Licence). Casino games available are Roulette, Blackjack, Punto Banco (Baccarat) and Brag (3-card Poker). The Fitz is the home of poker in Dublin with daily Texas Hold'em poker tournaments at 8:30pm and Poker Cash games from 6:30pm. The Club also has a full menu service and shows all live TV sports & pay per view events.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

my wife gave her permission for me to play cards, the last night in Dublin, and my Irish friends told me that the Fitz was "the" place to play! Sure, it's not Vegas, but not a bad card room. I won about 600Euro playing 1/2 no limit hold 'em, and there were other games going on, too, like Omaha, which surprised me a little. I hope to play here again..

4  Thank Raydioman61
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hi Raydioman61. Thanks for taking the time to review and I am glad you enjoyed our poker room. The Fitz has the biggest range of cash games in Dublin (Omaha and Hold'em) and Hold'em tournaments start every night at 8:00pm. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am not a fanatic gambler, but yesterday I joined a friend there... I've always thought it was a posh place and i was expecting something different to be honest. The room is big but "packed" there no space between tables... it's very bright on a side... darker on the other... basically it looks old. It is not very appealing.... on the other side.... croupiers and staff in general is very polite helpful and nice. I had fun but I believe this place needs a bit of improvements....

2  Thank Claudia S
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thanks Claudia - we appreciate the feedback. At times our gaming floor can get very busy but we try and make sure that our staff provide the best possible customer service at all times.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

It was my first visit to the Fitzwilliam Club over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff I encountered were extremely friendly and efficient from the initial registration at reception through to all the dealers, floor staff etc. etc. I went there to meet up with some friends from London who were over for a tournament and played in same and also in the regular Sunday night game and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would have no hesitation in recommending the Fitzwilliam Club to whoever wanted a friendly, efficient, convenient and comfortable gaming experience.

Tom W

2  Thank Tom W

Appreciate the review Tom and glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Having visit and gambled in casinos throughout the states, I was surprised by the atmosphere of the Fitzwilliam card club. My wife and I and two other friends visited on a Saturday evening and were expecting it to be similiar to the type of crowds most US casinos would have at that time of day on a Saturday. But, we were the only ones in the casino, besides the dealers, who were mostly sitting around watching TV. It honestly was the most quite casino I have ever been to. However, our dealer was very nice and made our time there enjoyable. Table minimum was three euros but you cannot drink alcohol or smoke in the casino. Overall it was a good time, just strange atmosphere to what we are used to. We did double our money, which made everyone happy. If I'm ever back in Dublin, I will definitely return. But do not expect the Vegas experience here. Not even Atlantic City.

1  Thank Chris M
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thanks for the review Chris. Typically on weekend nights, the action tends to happen a little later in the evening, while during the week, the Club will get busy earlier on. Glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I went here late on Friday night (about 1am) with my girlfriend. She had never been to a casino before and we wanted to have a bit of fun for an hour or so. Friendly greeting by the lady at the front desk and the membership (free) sign up was quick, with a free €10 bet included. We had a little game of roulette and the dealer was patient with my girlfriend when she was asking about different bets, same with the blackjack dealer who also advised her when to take a card and when not to and also explained the reason why each time. There was a regular player at the BJ table too and he was extremely patient while the dealer was explaining things.

So, very helpful and friendly staff with friendly local punters. A great place to spend an hour for some fun if you don't fancy the pub. They also have a whole range of Poker and Omaha games but we didn't play these. Highly recommended though.

1  Thank Sam D
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thanks for the review Sam and glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your time in the Club.