“Just a little intimidating...”

The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club
Ranked #219 of 532 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fitzwilliam Casino and Card Club is Dublin's favourite casino and has a reputation as the friendliest club in Ireland. The "Fitz" is open 6:00pm - 6:00am, 7 days a week and is within easy walking distance of many of the city's top attractions and hotels. Membership is free and open to all over 18, along with photo ID (Passport or Drivers Licence). Casino games available are Roulette, Blackjack, Punto Banco (Baccarat) and Brag (3-card Poker). The Fitz is the home of poker in Dublin with daily Texas Hold'em poker tournaments at 8:30pm and Poker Cash games from 6:30pm. The Club also has a full menu service and shows all live TV sports & pay per view events.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Just a little intimidating...”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have worked in the casino industry in the states for 20 years and felt a little intimidated walking in. You have to sign a waver and have a picture taken i assume for facial recognition. However from then on out it was cool. The happily take american currency and give the current exchange rate with no fees! The dealer took a few minutes to warm up to us but when she did she was great. I wish I could remember her name so I could pass it on to her boss. Anyways, it was definitely worth stopping as we let with a few extra euro's that helped with the exchange rate!
P.S. Leave your backpack at home!

Visited July 2014
5 Thank JMurray71
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks JMurray71 for the review and glad you enjoyed your time in the Club. We do our best to make registration upon arrival as quick and efficient as possible - it is a legal requirement (AML). You can apply online for membership via our website which significantly speeds up the process.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

• Turkish first
Austin, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Not Vegas, but it'll do in Dublin”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

my wife gave her permission for me to play cards, the last night in Dublin, and my Irish friends told me that the Fitz was "the" place to play! Sure, it's not Vegas, but not a bad card room. I won about 600Euro playing 1/2 no limit hold 'em, and there were other games going on, too, like Omaha, which surprised me a little. I hope to play here again..

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Raydioman61
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Raydioman61. Thanks for taking the time to review and I am glad you enjoyed our poker room. The Fitz has the biggest range of cash games in Dublin (Omaha and Hold'em) and Hold'em tournaments start every night at 8:00pm. Looking forward to welcoming you back!
Dublin, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Looks posh from the outside.... but inside...”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I am not a fanatic gambler, but yesterday I joined a friend there... I've always thought it was a posh place and i was expecting something different to be honest. The room is big but "packed" there no space between tables... it's very bright on a side... darker on the other... basically it looks old. It is not very appealing.... on the other side.... croupiers and staff in general is very polite helpful and nice. I had fun but I believe this place needs a bit of improvements....

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Claudia S
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thanks Claudia - we appreciate the feedback. At times our gaming floor can get very busy but we try and make sure that our staff provide the best possible customer service at all times.
Waterford, Ireland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent Venue”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

It was my first visit to the Fitzwilliam Club over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff I encountered were extremely friendly and efficient from the initial registration at reception through to all the dealers, floor staff etc. etc. I went there to meet up with some friends from London who were over for a tournament and played in same and also in the regular Sunday night game and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would have no hesitation in recommending the Fitzwilliam Club to whoever wanted a friendly, efficient, convenient and comfortable gaming experience.

Tom W

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Tom W
Appreciate the review Tom and glad you enjoyed your visit.
Roanoke, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Definitely not Vegas, but worth a look”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Having visit and gambled in casinos throughout the states, I was surprised by the atmosphere of the Fitzwilliam card club. My wife and I and two other friends visited on a Saturday evening and were expecting it to be similiar to the type of crowds most US casinos would have at that time of day on a Saturday. But, we were the only ones in the casino, besides the dealers, who were mostly sitting around watching TV. It honestly was the most quite casino I have ever been to. However, our dealer was very nice and made our time there enjoyable. Table minimum was three euros but you cannot drink alcohol or smoke in the casino. Overall it was a good time, just strange atmosphere to what we are used to. We did double our money, which made everyone happy. If I'm ever back in Dublin, I will definitely return. But do not expect the Vegas experience here. Not even Atlantic City.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Chris M
David S, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Casino & Card Club, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thanks for the review Chris. Typically on weekend nights, the action tends to happen a little later in the evening, while during the week, the Club will get busy earlier on. Glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.