“Nothing special”

Carr & O'Connell
Ranked #1,071 of 2,559 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Turin, Italy
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had dinner there on August 14, 2013.
We ordered fish & chips, beer, and water for two people (31 EUR).
Food was nothing special, and air conditioning was really too cold.

All in all it is a convenient place for the occasional meal (centrally located, and not excessively expensive), but has nothing special that would make you choose to go back.

• Visited August 2013

glasgow
“O'Connell By Name, O'Connell By Nature”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Being an O'Connell myself this was a must visit on my trip, my wife and I were warmly welcomed, even more enjoyable was the Dublin v Kerry game on so the atmosphere was great, we went a walk around and returned for some food, we sat downstairs this time and both ordered steak which was bootiful, my wife is a fussy steak eater due to us both being cooks and she loved every bite even the home made garlic butter was brilliant, the staff was amazing on both services and we even tipped € 5. It was the cheapest pint we had within the area we visited and on our travels we will certainly be returning.

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly service and great food”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Found this great pub on our last day in Dublin. Pius, our server,
was just wonderful!
The food was great and reasonably priced. Highly recommend Carr & O'Connell
for anyone visiting Dublin!

• Visited July 2013
dublin
“great place for drinks and party”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had a birthday party there.., the location was brilliant and layout of the bar.. we were downstairs from the outside you dont expect how big and lovely it is.. the finger food was devine loads of it and really hot.
My friends loved the place.. think you might get a few more bookings in the future.

i would like to thank the staff so much all so nice and go out of their way for you.

I had a billiant night and the venue made it. music food and band and staff :)

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“€2.40 for a 125 ml soda water is not just dishonest, it's theft!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Just popped into this place after a long day of sightseeing. The Irish lamb stew was okay, but nothing amazing. It was the price of the soda water I had that absolutely shocked me though.

€2.40 for a 125 ml soda water is unjustifiable. To put it in perspective, that is about $3.15 US for 4.25 ounces, which would make a 12 oz can of soda about $8.50!! Total banditry.

Everyone knows restaurants make money on sodas etc., but his is crazy! Not to mention- 125 ml is hardly enough for a person to have as a drink with a meal. Truly a joke.

I questioned the waitress about the price as I thought it was a mistake, but she assured me it wasn't. Dublin is expensive, but I would avoid this place on principle.

• Visited May 2013