“Great night out”

Ranked #1,347 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The place is hopping even during week nights, the DJ is always excellent and they do close late if you fancy a bit of dance once all the other pubs/clubs are closed. The food is reasonable and given its location which is as central as it gets, the prices are corresponding to the postcode.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had searched other Irish restaurant by TripAdvisor,but since I was tired and outside dark, I visited this place which is almost next door to my hostel.After the first bite of the Irish Stew, I was so happy to be there.It tasted so good.Break served with, tasted soft and with salt.Staff was nice.He was a bit busy but very nice.If I had another night in Dublin, I would have tried Irish Pie.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had dinner there on August 14, 2013.
We ordered fish & chips, beer, and water for two people (31 EUR).
Food was nothing special, and air conditioning was really too cold.

All in all it is a convenient place for the occasional meal (centrally located, and not excessively expensive), but has nothing special that would make you choose to go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Being an O'Connell myself this was a must visit on my trip, my wife and I were warmly welcomed, even more enjoyable was the Dublin v Kerry game on so the atmosphere was great, we went a walk around and returned for some food, we sat downstairs this time and both ordered steak which was bootiful, my wife is a fussy steak eater due to us both being cooks and she loved every bite even the home made garlic butter was brilliant, the staff was amazing on both services and we even tipped € 5. It was the cheapest pint we had within the area we visited and on our travels we will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Found this great pub on our last day in Dublin. Pius, our server,
was just wonderful!
The food was great and reasonably priced. Highly recommend Carr & O'Connell
for anyone visiting Dublin!