“Fantastic night @ the Dawson Brasserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dawson

The Dawson
Ranked #940 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Dawson Brasserie is Dublin's most beautiful dining room, situated in the heart of Dublin City Centre beside the famous Grafton St, sandwiched between Dublin's cultural hub and Stephen's green park. Paying homage to the great Brasserie's of London, Paris and New York, The Dawson Brasserie delivers value and style. We are the perfect location for a casual or formal dining experience, event, wedding, business/ corporate entertaining or a big group celebration. We can accommodate groups from 10 to 150 in our dining room. We are within walking distance of all Dublin's Events and Conference facilities and directly across from The Mansion House. We have our newly refurbished patisserie and coffee shop which caters for up to 25 people, for Breakfast and lunch dining, with bar service in the evening. Brasserie staples are served with great theatre and washed down with the best of old and new wines. We can accommodate unique requests, and insist on going over and above to ensure an experience every time. We are also apart of The Dawson Group consisting of The Dawson Hotel and Spa Patisserie- 25 people seated Dining room- 150 seated Dining Room can accommodate non seated functions for between 200-250 people Private Dining 35-40 people seated
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic night @ the Dawson Brasserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Have been to this restaurant twice now & would go back again. This place is amazing, beautiful decor with wonderful atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff, topped off by fabulous food. Great variety on the menu & their meats are beautiful. Was there with 13 people and everyone commented on the quality & presentation of the food. The excellent service topped the night off!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank helenhunny
Siofra M, Manager at The Dawson, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi Helenhunny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are delighted you and your group were
impressed with the quality and presentation of the food.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dawson Brasserie, in the near future.

Kind Regards

Roberto

• Greek first
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great Food, expensive though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Food was fantastic though it is expensive, only could afford the one night definitely worth it if your looking for a romantic evening followed by cruising the cocktail bars on Dawson Street and there are many.

Visited February 2014
Siofra M, Manager at The Dawson, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi AldershotMatt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your dining experience with The Dawson Brasserie. We're delighted you thought the food was great. We do have an impressive Pre Theatre menu which runs until 7pm and offers 3 courses for €24.95, should you wish to enquire about this menu, please do get in touch!

We look forward to welcoming you to The Dawson Brasserie in the future.

Kind Regards
Siofra
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Lunch at Dawson Brasserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were fortunate enough to have stumbled across The Dawson Brasserie on the first day that they started serving lunch, and were their first customers: it turned out that this would work in our favour as we were treated to free coffee...and free wine! I visited from Northern Ireland with my mum, sister and grandparents on the day my sister finished her exams at Trinity, and it was such a treat that we spent 4 hours there and left with full bellies (mainly full of wine and whiskey). The food was absolutely fantastic: my sister and I agreed that the pork belly was the best we had ever had. My grandmother is vegetarian so she opted for potato gnocchi, which she was also extremely pleased with. Beautiful and stylish surroundings and comfortable atmosphere too. I must say, what cemented the success of our visit were the wonderful staff who made us feel welcome and gave unique customer service. Our Portuguese waiter, David, was particularly friendly: he took my grandmother's arm to help her to her seat when we arrived- which she loved and hasn't stopped talking about since- and gave us great entertainment throughout the meal, culminating in some gratuitous Portuguese red wine which I thoroughly recommend. We have enjoyed many great meals in Dublin but, all in all, this was by far the best and we will be back again without a doubt- probably sooner rather than later to spend our complimentary cocktail vouchers : )

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EmilyODL
Dublin, Ireland
“Best steak in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We chose this restaurant to celebrate a family birthday, it was a Saturday night and there was the added bonus of live music which we didn't know about at the time of booking. The service was impeccable, in particular the rest manager Roberto, he looked after our table so well. There is lots of choice on the menu. I opted for the salmon to start followed by a perfectly cooked steak medium rare, so easy yet so hard to get right but this place got it spot on. Everyone else really enjoyed their food and we had a great night, the band were amazing. This place is stunning and has a really good atmosphere, perfect for entertaining.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Foodytraveller23
cherry hill nj
“Superb Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I recently enjoyed our last night (Saturday, April 5th) visiting with our daughter, who is a USA college student attending a semester at UCD through a study abroad program. She's on a dormitory food program, so we asked her to select any restaurant she desired for a special farewell dinner. This was her choice, although she had never eaten there. WOW, she picked a winner! Immediately upon walking into the dining area, I was enchanted by the decor.The atmosphere is elegant, but not intimidating or stuffy. This wouldn't be a jeans dress code type of place in the US, however many were very casually dressed - no worries! We called ahead for a reservation - arriving at 6:15 PM. I was surprised to learn that the time qualified for the early bird (pre theatre) menu options. I selected from the 3 for 24.95 Euros, so did my daughter. My husband went a la carte. First, the courtesy fresh breads were warm and delicious. I ordered the cured Irish salmon, grilled fillet of cod and the hazelnut parfait. My daughter had the goat's cheese appetizer, daube of beef, and the creme brulee. Everything was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! What did my husband order? The onion soup, burger, onion rings, and eclair - his favorite type of meal. He was very happy. The service was excellent. Roberto, the manager, is visibly present and interested in giving diners a superb experience; we certainly had it! My only suggestion would be to expand the house cocktail menu.

• Visited April 2014