“Rebel Tour of Dublin”

Rebel Tour of Dublin
Ranked #77 of 224 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Rebel Tour of Dublin - The City that Fought an Empire. Follow in the footsteps of the Irish Rebel leaders Michael Collins, James Connolly and Pádraig Pearse. Hear the story of Ireland's fight for freedom as told by Irish Republicans. On the Rebel Walking Tour you will hear the story of the 1916 Easter Rising and how the forces of the Irish Citizen Army and the Irish Volunteers came together as the Irish Republican Army (I.R.A) and took on the might of the British Empire. Learn how the Easter Rising came about and what happened before and after it. Visit the places where Ireland’s history unfolded and in the words of W.B. Yeats “a terrible beauty was born”. Small Group Walking Tours with Dublin’s best guides. TOUR TIMES: Mon - Fri at 11.30am (The tour is also available on Saturday via booking only - please book over the phone). Departing from the Sinn Féin Bookshop.Duration: 1hour 45mins (approx) at an easy going pace. There is no need to book (Mon - Fri), just show up and we will be there. Feel free to call us for more information. (PLEASE NOTE: Tours may not run on certain public holidays and bank holidays)
Newry, Co Down
“Rebel Tour of Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Fantastic, informative and history that we would not have known without taking this tour, tour guide very good.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Gemma M

Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Different way of seeing Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I went there back on summer and it was amazing, I loved they knew a lot of things about irish republican history and were really kind to answer all my questions, we could even talk about the situation of my country (Catalonia) and other opressed nations and compare. I'm glad I took the tour is super worthy I learned a lot.
people at the SF bookshop are always nice and friendly, I go there everytime I go to Ireland.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank AoibhGhaire
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Made my trip to Dublin even more enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Thank you Padraig for the excellent and even-handed walking tour. Your passion for Dublin comes out without being overbearing. I really wished it had been longer or that there was another option to talk more after the tour!!!! I thought I knew at least the basics about the local history and Irish nationalism, but now I realize how naive I've been. I did not go on any other walking tours while in Dublin, but when I return to Dublin (and I will) I will go again. Indeed, I will recommend Padraig's tour to all my friends and family who visit.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Jon D
Stockholm, Sweden
“Don´t miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

A visit in Dublin isn´t complete until you have taken this tour..
Memorable, touching, outstanding! <3

Visited June 2013
2 Thank HelenaH88
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A great tour delivered by a passionate guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

On a day when we decided to ignore the monsoons and weather forecast and take the rebel tour we weren't disappointed. The rain just about held off and the energy, enthusiasm and knowledge emanating from Padraig the guide kept us enraptured for over 3 hours. I thought I had some knowledge of the history of the rising but quickly realised the layers of events and places on the tour gave a much truer and real feel to the period. Padraig literally burst forth with energy and kept us gripped with the stories and good humour. As a way to bring Dublin city centre to life and see behind the McDonalds, Burger Kings and KFC's I would highly recommend the tour. Wear warm clothes ! I would also recommend the tea and scone for E1.50 from the shop at the end. Must be the best deal in Dublin.

Visited January 2014