“Good hotel in good location”

O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel
Ranked #60 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This pleasant hotel was run by friendly and helpful staff. Some of the business facilities were a little limited, such as printing facilities, but I could not fault the staff in any way. The decor and facilities otherwise were good, although a trouser press in the bedroom was missed. For recreational travel I'm sure it would be perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

alexandergm, Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
Monaghan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Overall a nice hotel in a great location, Staff were friendly and helpful on check-in and check-out.The bed was comfortable and massive, (Bet was soft, but i like it this way, some may not like this) Only negative I think of is that there wasn't sufficient shower gel or shampoo, more should be provided. Didn't have the breakfast as I thought it a little expensive at €13.50 pp. And no free wifi which is a pity.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank thesphinx23
Thank you for having chosen to stay at the O’ Callaghan Alexander Hotel and thank you for favourably reviewing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your comments are most important to us It is truly encouraging to note that you had a wonderful stay recently at our hotel despite a couple of issues which you refer to in your review.Your constructive feedback allows us the opportunity to review and improve upon the hotels facilities and services and I have shared your comments our team.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is located in the city centre, near pretty much everything that a tourist would want to see. It's also well located for city centre business. Staff were, polite, efficient and very helpful. Rooms are to a decent standard with modern bright furniture. The hotel has an attractive bar area, although the food menu is a bit limited and it might be worth exploring restaurant options nearby, such as the Gingerman pub, immediately next door.

One downside for this hotel is that wifi does not appear to be free.

Hotel guests with a car can use a muti-storey carpark about 150 yards from the hotel. Note that parking is not free, but the price is not excessive given the location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us
Your comments are most important to us It is truly encouraging to note that you had a wonderful stay recently at our hotel despite a couple of issues which you refer to in your reviewYour constructive feedback allows us the opportunity to review and improve upon the hotels facilities and services and I have shared your comments our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We visited Dublin for the first time and booked this hotel through Secret Escapes. Everything went well; the staff, breakfast, bedroom and location were ideal for our needs, We have no complaints or gripes and recommend his hotel to everybody.
Thanks to all the staff for their kindness and efficiency.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you sincerely for taking a moment of your time to share some observations of the hotel and your experience here. I take your compliments of the team with pride.I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Warm Regards
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here with my three daughters and found the whole experience fantastic. Staff were so helpful and friendly. The whole place was very clean. The only complaint I would have is that the Bathroom did not have enough Shampoo, Body Wash and Conditioner. I shared with my daughter and there was only one bottle of Shampoo and Body Wash and there was no hair Conditioner. The bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ken L, Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us Your constructive feedback allows us the opportunity to review and improve upon the hotels facilities and services and I have shared your comments our team.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Kenmare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

A nice hotel. The rooms are very nice. We ate in the restaurant when we arrived it was excellent.
A big thumbs up for the staff. From the receptionist to the waiters, they were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

bangor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

a very enjoyable night in dublin for my wife and i. the hotel was very clean and the spacious bedrooms very well appointed. the bed were extremely comfortable .
the reception staff were very friendly and most helpful. the buffet breakfast was satisfactory although i missed not having any soda or potato bread. a minor omission really.
the hotrl which is situated close to merrion square is very convenient to grafton street and the dart at pearse station,
i would certainly recommend this hotel. its location is excellent and yet in a quiet part of the city.i

Room Tip: a room at the front of the hotel is recommened as it on aquiet street.