“Perfect for business travel”

O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel
Ranked #62 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hotel is good for short business trip in Dublin. Well situated downtown, close to a park (ideal for rest after work) and restaurants
Spacious room with free wifi internet access. Room was clean.
Warm welcome from the staff during check-in/check-out

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mairead C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Many thanks for your kind comment about the Reception team. We do aim to provide a first class professional service at all times and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments as praise for a job well done is the best motivator of all.

We are in an ideal location in Dublin's City Centre close to many of its attractions and numerous restaurants and of course just minutes away from the newly updated Merrion Square.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here two nights in July at the beginning of our trip. The hotel is convenient to the train station and is an easy walk to the Trinity College area. It is located in a quiet area. Breakfast was wholesome and had a lot of variety. Service was pleasant. The Lobby Bar is nice. Internet worked just fine for us. It is good to hear that some renovations will be done on this hotel as the rooms and lobby/reception desk could use a little refreshing. The hotel façade is architecturally very nice and rather grand. There is a park nearby, which I regret, we did not visit. Looked like a great place for kids to unwind.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I was so happy to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel in particular your kind comment in relation to the team which I will of course pass on to them as there is no better satisfaction than prasie for a job well done.

As you so rightly pointed out the hotel is in a wonderful location close to the city centre and many of Dublin's many and varied attractions are within close proximity. And of course we are well serviced by the DART station which is just two minutes walk away as well many of the City's bus routes. Both Merrion Square and St Stephen's Green are just around the corner which provide a welcome peaceful retreat within the city centre.

The hotel is undergoing major refurbishment within the coming months and I would love the opportunity to welcome you back when this is complete.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The staff was very friendly at checkin. When going to our room the hallways were very clean and the carpet looked new. The room was a nice size. The tv was as another reviewer stated out of the 90's. The bathroom had mold on the shower tiles. The bed was ok. The lobby was fine but the hotel did not have an ATM? They sent me around the corner to a deli type store that had a ATM.
The bartenders were very nice and friendly. This is a 3 star not a four.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I am delighted you found our team friendly and welcoming as it our aim at all times to make your stay with us a comfortable as possible.

I am sorry to see you had some issues with your room. I have passed your comments onto the Accommodation Supervisor who is investigating. The hotel is undergoing a refurbishment in the coming months and I would welcome the opportunity to show you the hotel when you are next in Dublin

If you would like to contact me directly on mairead.cullinane@ocallaghanhotels.com I will ensure my personal attention should stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Alexander hosted a family wedding recently and the staff were unbelievably helpful. Great hotel and right near the shopping areas around Stephens Green and Grafton St. Rooms good quality and breakfast was great - plenty of hot food options. But the staff are the best thing about the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mairead C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time for positng a review of your stay with us here in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here. Given that a Wedding day is one ofthe most important days of a couples lives I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Wedding and that we as a team made this day a little bit more special. I am delighted that we have exceeded your expectations as our great team here are passionate about creating the most positive and memorable experiences for our guests.

I hope this was not your last experience with us and thus look forward to your return in the very near future special.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked this hotel at short notice. It was not my first choice of hotels in Dublin but I gave it a try. Walking into the hotel you can't be but impressed by the lobby/bar - it is very pretty and the reception staff very friendly - I was off to a good start.

Hoever, my room was a major disappointment. The TV system is like something from the 1990's. The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. The fact that I was paying €150 a night for this is quite outrageous. This is a 3 star hotel with 4 star prices. I stayed 2 nights and after the first night the toiletries (shampoo etc) were not replenished so I was left with none for the 2nd morning. This is not what you shoudl expect for €150 a night. Would not recommend and will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for you rencent review on Tripadvisor

I was very pleased to read your kind comments about the Reception team. Please be assured I will pass them onto the team as the best satisfaction is a job well done. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated. Comments such as these are extremely encouraging to our team and make it all worthwhile!

I was disappointed however to see that you have some issues with the bedroom. The Hotel is undergoing a major refurbishment in the coming months which should rectify any issues you may have had during your stay. I would be very greatful if you would contact me directly so that we could discuss the matter further and maybe encourage you to make a return vist to the hotel. My email address is mairead.cullinane@ocallaghanhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Recently attended this hotel for a gaming event. This was not my first time going to a hotel for a gaming event but it was the first time we have been treated so well by staff. Rather than calling anyone "geeky" or laughing at people dressed up, every staff member was exceptionally friendly to all the people attending and actively engaged with the attendees and even took part. Staff went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. Food is great quality and good value. Overall had an amazing visit to the hotel. Big props to Gordon and Keith and also to Antonio and Darrell.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaffty21

Thank you so much for taking the time for posting a review on Tripadvisor

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your event in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel and may I say we were delighted to have you all. Gordon, Keith, Antonio and Darelle are all valued members of the team here and I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to them. We like to feel that all our guests both staying with us or attending conferences are offered our first class service and I am very pleased to see that you found this to be so. All your participants were polite, well mannered and great fun over your two day event - the costumes were amazing!

We would love to see you returning to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our family of five stayed here for two nights and very happy with our visit. We were able to walk to many places we wanted to see including Trinity College, the National Museum and Grafton street. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The breakfast was very good, and the rooms comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mairead C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed a comfortable stay with us here in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel in our well appointed rooms. I am glad you were please with the service our team provided as we aim to provide first class service at all times. I will pass your kind comments onto Chef as he is constantly upgrading breakfast and he will be delighted with such positive feedback.

As you so rightly pointed out the Hotel is in a fantastic location close to Dublin's many and varied attractions many of which such as Grafton Street and Trinity College just minutes away.

We would love to welcome you and the family back to the Hotel the next time you are visiting Dublin