“Great location, only this.”
Review of Apache Hostel

Apache Hostel
Ranked #89 of 126 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Undoubtedly, the hostel is in a perfect location, near everything you need: tourist office, grocery stores, stores of all kinds, restaurants, etc... this is almost the only positive thing. The other one was the attendants, that were always friendly and helpful, and the discount that you can get in the pizzeria in the ground level...

The main negative things are:
- the building - inside, everything is old and dirty.
- the room - i stayed in a double room - me and my husband. It was VERY small. There was only a bunk bed (that doesn't have space to be seated at the bottom), an old chair and a gabinet with two drawers. The window is old too, and allow the cold winds and the noise enter the room...
- the BATHROOMS! D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G!!! We could only take baths using flip flops...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol_Cantalice

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Pretty disgusting, but I expected it for the price. In the room, there was only bunk beds and one small mirror. The window was broken so a small draft, but if you only want a bed after a night out, it was fine. You forget about it. The shower was disgusting, had to share with four other rooms. If you go, go for two nights max. It's bearable for that period of time. Use padlocks just in case aswell.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had the same experience almost all of the other people on Tripadvisor had. I wish I'd have checked the site before I went.

I booked for three nights but I checked out only after having checked in two hours before. The whole place seems really dodgy, especially if you are a girl alone.

The photos on the website are nothing like the real thing. As other people said; there is no door between the hostel and the kitchen of the pizza place next door so not only does it look like crap but it also smells of greasy pizza 24/7, you don't get to make your own bed so it's hard to see if there's anyone sleeping in it already and it doesn't seem clean, there's nobody downstairs most of the time so you have to wait ages to talk to the reception, the ladder to the top-bunk was only attached with one screw because the other three were missing..

I checked in, put my bags in my room and took a shower. Or what was supposed to be a shower but it hardly qualifies as one. The bathroom is just filthy and things hardly work. This was the only thing I did there, I went looking for some other place right away and checked immediately.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ariane B
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Went there for 1 night, we didnt expect something amazing for 15 euros each, the location is perfect if you want see the city centre.
But even after few backpack in differents countries this one was really dirty and stinkie.
The toilets didnt work, it stinks the weird junk food in the row but the worst was the shower and the floor of the bathroom where you dont even put a finger on it.
Employees are correct, nothing to say.
Dont go there with your family but with your friends if you have a small budget it could satisfy you for 1 night, just 1...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2013

One night at Apache's because it was the last double bedroom available for a Saturday night. I quite regret my €55 for a tiny, noisy room. The hostel also has a pizzeria downstairs so the air turns out to be greasy. The bathroom is shared and the shower is noisier than a trunk!
The staff is nice enough but breakfast is not included and though it is the center of Dublin, for the price, one can expect more than that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's hard to comprehend how they are in business and getting away with it. This place is one step away from having bugs, mites or lice. The staff were awkward, unwelcoming and cold. Clearly just making a few pound along side running a pizza place. We went upstairs to our room and the handrails were sticky and greasy. Got to our room the door handle was sticky and the room was STINK. Horrible smell.. I'd question if a window is ever opened. - Also noticed in the morning the window was left unlocked and could be accessed by apartments behind the hostel. We checked to see if our sheets were clean... Just about I would say. The bed was very uncomfortable and there was no mattress protector... We woke up in the morning went to use the bathroom to find a bin over flowing with rubbish and tampons outside our bedroom door that was clearly forgotten about and was there for ages. The bathroom had no toilet paper, no soap, and there were hairs everywhere... probably a few pubic hairs. The bathrooms were RARELY cleaned. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PLACE. Could not get out of there quick enough. YUCK!!!! Disgusting.

I've stayed in other hostels in Dublin for the same amount of money and had a wonderful time, that were clean and the staff fun... There's no value for money here. This place is frankly pulling the piss and is practically robbery... Hygiene nightmare.

Room Tip: If you see ''good'' reviews on other booking sites I have to question if they are ac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 820burkeey
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here with a friend while we were in the city for an overnight stay.While I wasn't expecting much for 10 euro the place was worse than I could have imagined. The front desk staff were rude and the guy who checked us in made me feel uncomfortable. We were given the key to our room and were it not for the fact we didnt plan on sleeping much I'd have left there and then. 3 sets of bunk beds crammed into a tiny room along with a bin and wash basin. Room stank of stale air and sweat and the bed linen was foul as if it had never been washed. We went about our way and when we returned that night we discovered we, two females, had been placed in a room with 4 men who took over the already cramped room and I didn't feel comfortable sharing with them, I felt we should have been advised beforehand of this. Had a sleepless night, could hear everything on the streets below. Couldnt leave fast enough the next day. This hostel's only saving grace is its location but even with that do yourself a favour and steer clear

• Stayed: August 2013