“lovely food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Food and wine both very good. Portion sizes very generous. Only critisism was the new waiter who was a bit exciteable and in your face, needs to calm down a bit...

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having been to the outstanding Ravis the night before, we always thought The Jewel would have a tough act to follow. It was however much better than I expected.

The restaurant was very busy and a sign in the window advertising for staff didin't inspire confidence. I ordered a starter I hadn't heard of and it transpired neither had the waiter! A few minutes later he was back with apologies and suggesting chicken tikka instead. The chicken was very tasty when it arrived and I actually thanked him for the suggestion.

For main I had a chicken cylon which was listed as being hot and coconutty. This to was much better than I thought. I don't like a dish overpowered by coconut and this was just right. Hot too-just how I like it. I also asked for a chilli naan which wasn't on the menu but they made me one anyway.

Pleasant enough experience all round.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Frozen vegetables, dal with no visible lentils and food very bland with no spice. Very disappointed considering I loved it the last time I was there 2 years ago. At least they took my food off the bill but I won't go back.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I dined here after a rugby game at the Aviva. Really good quality food at reasonable prices. Lucky we booked a head as it was very busy. Only slight problem was it the staff were so busy at the end of our meal we had to wait to get our bill sorted. But apart from that a great meal and we will be back on our net Dub trip.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I love indian food and I didn't get disappointed at this place. The food tasted nice, staff was friendly and prices ok. Would go again!