“Good Indian restaurant!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were looking for a good Indian restaurant in Dublin, and based on the reviews we read on Trip Advisor we ate here. The meat used was good quality and the spices used in the curries were fresh and delicious. The price of the meal was great too, especially as the early bird menu includes dessert and a soft drink. The poppadoms were a bit odd, as they were served as pieces of poppadom in a bowl rather than the full poppadom, and the vegetables in the samosas tasted like frozen vegetables, but these were not issues to detract from the good quality overall we experienced.

1  Thank lmagbr

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was really disappointed with the food here. It was edible but I did not enjoy it as it is nothing like Indian food! It is similar to "Indian food" I got in France. The samosas were like they had been filled with frozen veg...I've had better from a supermarket Indian microwave dish. The main was full of creamy sauce and not much else. The "pilau" rice was dyed orange and green rice- not a cardamom, mustard, fennel or cumin seed in sight of any of the dishes!! I've lived and worked with several Indian people (from all over India) who cooked me authentic food. I've gone to Hindu weddings and had Indian food at all of those places and really enjoyed it...but this was nothing like it. Even Indian buffets in the USA are more authentic than this was. It is not really a four course meal!!! It's starter, main, ice cream and tea/coffee. I'd rather pay €15 for an authentic main course. I think place has the ability to cook real Indian food and they should....not make fake irish/european idea's of Indian food popular! As it's definitely no way near as good as authentic food.

2  Thank Magnetic_Travels
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I read extensive reviews about Ruposhi prior to booking. The awards and raving reviews made me book it. Tripadvisor awards/reviews let me down here. Indian food is my favourite type of food. I'm of South Asian decent... I know Indian food. this restaurant served food that was decent aka 5/10. The food is edible. Did it have the flavours of onion, garlic and spice? No. Is this suitable for those palates that can't handle spice but want to venture into some form of Indian food? Yes.

Many better restaurants available in Dublin. And don't even get me started about the lack of Mango Lassi. An indian restaurant without Mango Lassi is like McDonald's without a cheeseburger.

The $15 euro menu for 4 courses WAS pretty good. For that, they get an extra star. The restaurant was packed and I was shocked. Prime example of the poor quality Indian food in Dublin. This is very bland indian food. And the raving reviews are misleading. If you love indian food, then don't come here.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Love this restaurant so much. Always a welcome smile from the staff, I feel so relaxed here that I don't want to leave when were finished eating.
Food never disappoints, and they will offer special food if your allergic to any particular ingredients, just ask.
Their special menu for 15 euro is amazing too. Plenty of choice's and good servings too.
We would always be here at least once a week, its that good.
Be sure to try this restaurant, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

No vouchers needed, just find where this gem is. Sit back and enjoy. You can eat here twice a month now instead of your recession times once a month out. This place is packed with very very happy people. Happiness is getting a seat at Ruposhi on a Tuesday night.