“Great Food”

Ranked #691 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at The Foothills of the Dublin Mountains The Step Inn is a prominent landmark pub in South Dublin incorporating 2 bars, 2 restaurants and a Cafe. We have live music in The Main lounge every single weekend from some of Dublin's most prominent bands. We are known for friendly hospitality, excellent food, great coverage of all sporting events and extensive parking! Why not call in today and see what all the fuss is about!
“Great Food”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I ate in the Stone Grill here and I really enjoyed it. The menu has a lot of choice and there is a section of dishes that are served on a hot stone, where you can cook the meat to your taste.
The food was presented nicely and was all very good. The staff were friendly and the place was busy.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KeenanL

“Always excellent”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visit here every few months and have never been disappointed. Last Saturday was no exception. The service is excellent and the food always great Very hard working staff. Well done..

Visited January 2014
“The stone grill”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We arrived here without a booking for the pub food, we didn't realise we would have to book! So the lady at the desk advised us to try their building next door The Stone grill to see if they had any free tables,luckily they did. The place was busy. The food was really good and very well presented. The staff were helpful and very pleasant. My only one point would be that maybe they could of had one or two extra waiting staff because there was 4 large parties there and I think the staff was slightly stretched. Apart from that It was a very pleasant evening.

• Visited January 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Best Bar/restaurant in South Dublin by a long shot”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Was back to the Step Inn after a long absence (Absence not the fault of the Step Inn) after a long spell missing, the staff and manager remembered us and took the time to catch up with our news Etc' the meal was spectacular !!! The roticary chicken.... And the fish pie ..... My god!!! I'm still savilating. Well done Step Inn. We will be back Con & Kate.

• Visited January 2014
Jersey, United Kingdom
“The best chicken wings - ever!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I ate in the Step Inn and the Stone Grill (attached to the pub) twice over Christmas. Having lived in Stepaside for 3 years we always make a point of going back at least once when we return to the country.

Our first stop was the Stone Grill on a busy Friday night for chicken wings and fillet steak. I am not lying when I say these are the best chicken wings I've ever had. The sauce used is absolutely stunning and we wondered whether we were mad to be looking forward to them so much, at least until they arrived at our table!! We both had the fillet steak afterwards and as with the wings, it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. There's a certain novelty to cooking it yourself on the hot stone but the seasoning the chef uses makes it a real joy to eat.

The service is great, the pub is brilliant (free sandwiches and glasses of beer) and the atmosphere is very friendly. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next day to the Step Inn for a large plate of chicken wings!

I can't recommend it enough and it's already on our list for when we next return to Ireland.

• Visited December 2013