“Step Inn”

Ranked #749 of 2,592 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at The Foothills of the Dublin Mountains The Step Inn is a prominent landmark pub in South Dublin incorporating 2 bars, 2 restaurants and a Cafe. We have live music in The Main lounge every single weekend from some of Dublin's most prominent bands. We are known for friendly hospitality, excellent food, great coverage of all sporting events and extensive parking! Why not call in today and see what all the fuss is about!
Dublin, Ireland
“Step Inn”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went to the Step Inn on Friday for lunch with my family. We had 3 half portions of joint of the day.
You got 1 slice of turkey, tiny vegetables and instant mash, and it was cold. We had 1 kids chesseburger and chips. They charged us for the cheese and the cheese was awful. The burger was average. We also got 2 selections of ice cream, jelly and 1 americano. It was 45 euro odd. So we rang them and they said that we could get 12 euro back. So when we went to collect the money the manager wasn't there and she said she would be there after 1, and we went at 5.So we went back to the car angry and we saw her smoking on the step. So when we went back the manager was the girl smoking ,and she apologized, and we got the 12 euro back. But it was very bad service and we will not be going back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank 11Yasmin

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Service and Excellent Food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Food here was excellent and the service was great we ate here many time's and cant wait to return... But form what I have heard is that the 5.00 Euro kids menu doesn't exists anymore and that a bit of a bummer.... But the Wings where to die for and so was the chicken that belonged in the kids menu....

• Visited July 2013
Dublin
“A nice pub, but pity about group in corner.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a nice afternoon in the Step Inn pub last weekend. The Staff are very nice, friendly and polite. The food was enjoyable, but a bit more pricey than other pubs in the area. It's good to have sport on TV but the group in the corner of the lounge, sitting at the bar watching horse racing should be kept to the bar area. Not a place for horse racing- gambling. All in all, yes I would go again, but hopefully the management move the horse racing TV to the correct place.......i.e. THE BAR.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MDJ56
Kent, United Kingdom
“A pub for quick lunch”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nothing fancy, nothing posh, but pub grub, great for a quick pint and a bar snack, and to watch the footie.

Visited May 2014
Clare
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was there with a friend last Friday night we choose the Step Inn based on reviews on Tripadvisor
and reading about it on the website.

Maybe the Chef was off duty on the night because the food that was served to us was like something cooked by a kid working in a kitchen for the summer holidays. We had the crab claws for starter 4 tiny claws without taste or flavour lost in a bowl of milk. I had the flat iron steak for my main but asked to have it cooked for me.i didn't want to bother with the stone . That was like eating cardboard it
was square 2+2 it looked as if it had been cut with a scissors. That was served on a big white plate with a dollop of peppered sauce. It looked and tasted disgusting.
My friend had the battered Cod which was just thrown in a deep fat fryer it had all curled up. Bland frozen I would imagine.
I don't know how the chef if there was one in that kitchen is getting away with sending that awful food out to a table. If I was the manager of the Step Inn the person that cooked that food would be out the door. The Flat iron steak cost 17.50 outrageous price what it was. I have no problem paying 27 euro for a steak in the chop house because it's worth it.

You always know if food is cooked by a dedicated chef in a kitchen enjoying his craft or just slapped up by someone that is just given brief instruction and has no interest.

• Visited April 2014