“A one stop shop for all things Dublin”

The Little Museum of Dublin
Dublin Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
Ranked #3 of 556 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Little Museum of Dublin is open 7 days a week from 9.30 to 5pm and on Thursdays we stay open until 8pm. Entrance to this quirky museum is by guided tour only. Our famous tours start on the hour, every hour. Housed in a landmark Georgian building on St Stephen's Green in the very centre of Dublin, the museum is open every day. If you want to discover the story of Dublin, visit the Little Museum today.
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. Enthusiastic guide who shared his personal experiences and exuded a true love for Dublin. As a Dubliner I knew most of the facts and stories before he got them out but nonetheless he engaged brilliantly with the group and made the facts seem fun andexciting to me. For tourists and for people who want to experience just a little more of their city this is the place to go.

Rebecca Q, Guest Relations Manager at The Little Museum of Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

It's wonderful to hear that you found your tour entertaining! It's always great to see Dubliners taking a trip down memory lane in our museum. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,710)
All reviews
in 326 reviews
"information"
in 367 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nothing there of interest and two rooms devoted to MRS Brown's Boys TV programme of all things which show how short they were to find anything

1  Thank Nobbhead123
Mark O, Assistant Curator at The Little Museum of Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Oh no! It seems you didn't enjoy your visit to the Little Museum at all. We'd love to try show you the museum in a different way that you might enjoy, so if you ever come back to Dublin please drop in as our guest. I would be happy to give you a personalised private tour and hopefully change your mind.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visited the Little Museum of Dublin on June 22nd and was amazed at what was housed in this beautiful older building! Our guide, Kieran, gave us a wonderful detailed explanation of many of the treasures to be found either hanging on the walls, displayed in cases or, as is the case with the bullet-ridden shutter, simply sitting right in front of us! Ireland's history is such a rich one, that a museum could easily be the size of St. Stephen's Green itself but here you can find so many wonderful artifacts that have been so graciously donated by the citizens of Ireland themselves. I have visited Ireland 4 other times and this was my first trip to the museum. But when I return later this year, I will go back to the museum, just to be sure I haven't missed anything! Thank you so much to the staff for working so hard to ensure Ireland's history and treasures are proudly retold and displayed for us all to enjoy!

Thank you for this wonderful review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed Kieran's tour and found it informative. As you said, any success is down to the people of Dublin and our dedicated volunteers. History buffs like yourself particularly enjoy our monthly lectures; ask us about them the next time you plan to visit. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The little museum was free for us because we had paid for the green tour bus (which I'd highly recommend!), but it was hardly worth the time we spent at the top. The down stairs was the coolest by far with the story of Ireland's Viking history written and drawn all over the walls.. I'd stop in just to read those. The second and third floor however as a part of the tour were more of a bore to me though.. very tiny place, and in my opinion not so great.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Little Museum. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the experience. We are always trying to improve the Little Museum, so if you have any suggestions for how we could have made your visit better I would be very eager to hear them.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Dublin.

Warm regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 June 2014

You can get free entry to this museum if you do the Hop on Hop Off tour. Thank goodness I didn't pay money for this. I found it very disappointing, after all the hype. The display itself seems rather chaotic. you need to do the tour to understand what the exhibits are about... mainly pictures with the odd photo or book. The tour is about the last 100 years of Irish (Dublin) history, and lasted about an hour, so it is obviously very edited highlights, with the guide highlighting what he personally thinks is important or interesting, which in this instance I found very superficial. If its history you're interested in then this may not be for you. I have a lot of friends that come to visit me in Dublin and I am always looking for interesting places to take them. Unfortunatly this will not be one of them.

Hi Jannie,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to review the museum. We are trying to do something new at the Little Museum, and feedback like yours is essential in making sure we meet expectations. Unfortunately we didn't meet yours!

I agree that the museum can seem a little chaotic without the guided tour, and this is something we are seeking to address. We would welcome any other suggestions you have about how to improve the experience at the museum - I would be very happy to meet you to discuss it. After all, as a Dubliner, it's very much your museum too.

Kind regards,