“Almost having breakfast at home”
Review of Rigby's - CLOSED

Cuisines: International, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating
Mexico City, Mexico
“Almost having breakfast at home”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

You will find the chef at the front cooking. Nothing to hide. There is a little patio at the back which is secluded. I went for breakfast there and I can assure you that the eggs benedict that I had with mushrooms and spinach was 100% made from scratch and at the moment. Go there with enough time since the service is really slow

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MPM_WORLDWIDE

Dublin, Ireland
“WHAT A FIND! SUPER FOOD, GREAT SERVICE AND FANTASTIC VALUE”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had heard about this place some time ago and on Thursday last managed to secure a last minute table for two for dinner. It's bring your own but there's an off license adjacent for those last minute drinks.

Okay let's point out the obvious first. This place is small, space is tight and it's elbow to elbow but it's quirky set-up makes it work. Prepare for a tight squeeze if like us you are seated at the back.

There's no menu. It's simply meat or fish (starter and main), I'm not sure about vegetarians but I'm certain you'll be well catered for. Whilst this kind of format may not suit everyone, I loved it. There's something exciting about not quite knowing what you're having. You can of course find out before you order if you're not one for surprises!

Starters turned out to be crayfish risotto. A triumph, mind-blowingly light, full of fresh flavours and topped by wonderfully moist crayfish. A perfect example of how good a risotto can be. Main was rump of beef (cooked pink) served with lyonnaise potatoes and vegetables. The beef was a great quality piece of beef, very well cooked and rested but for me the star was the potatoes- as good a lyonnaise as I've been fortunate to enjoy. After what was quite a superb dinner myself and my companion enjoyed a fine plate of Irish cheeses with biscuits. A perfect end to a superb experience.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. It's something different and makes eating out a little bit exciting. It isn't Chapter One or One Pico, but it's not trying to be. What makes it is the service. The evening we visited there were only two staff- one chef and one front of house. Yes, TWO! Yet service was quick, incredibly friendly, warm and welcoming.

I'll be back soon, this time I'm bringing my friends!

• Visited May 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
“Like a blind date with food”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I went out to eat and found this place by chance. The first thing you notice are the words 'no menu'
We were greater with a smile shown to our table and were told how they cook everything from fresh ingredients that day.
The waiter told me it was bring your own drink and sent me next door to get wine perfect.
We had choice of fish or meat for the two course meal.
The starter was full of flavor and very fresh.
We were given the choice of beef or chicken for main . Both were excellent and perfectly cooked, again the flavor was great. The meal was finished off with a rhubarb pie and custard.
Don't walk past this place it's great to not know what you will get . But know it will taste great. Enjoy

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tony d
Hamburg, Germany
“Great breakfast, could use a bit of interior design”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We walked by on our way into town, the place was being run by two young guys, Argentinian and Venezuelan. They prepared us a great and simple breakfast, perfect egg, pancake, bacon and sausage. The coffee was excellent.
Will go again tomorrow.
Must be said that the interior was poor, and could be spruced up without losing the charm of this great local eatery.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Moshe L
Dublin, Ireland
“Poor experience with bad service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I ate here with a group of friends based on a recommendation from one of the couples in the group who have had a few enjoyable nights here. Everything was scatty, disorganised and poorly run from the moment we arrived. The restaurant was tiny and we were put down the back on a table that would just about fit 4 even though there were six of us. There was a dine in Dublin menu but we were not offered it and simply were told the chef would make us something (at least they catered for those of us that do not eat meat). The scallops for starters were cold and just ok, others had the beef which seemed a little better. My main course was OK but it says it comes with veg which never materialised. I asked the waiter who was rude and obnoxious and came back 20 minutes later when I was almost finished stating how great he was for bringing them to me. I managed to cut my leg off a staple in the table, the furniture is old rickety outdoor furniture. The waiter was at our table when it happened and when I showed him the table he dismissed me and told me it was only small. The best way I could describe the waiting staff is arrogant. They seem to think they have the perfect restaurant and act as if customers should be privileged being there. If the food was great I could forgive it but it really wasn't and the whole experience was poor. Our friends liked their food so maybe I was just being fussy. I just know I will most definitely not return to this shambles of a restaurant.

• Visited February 2014