“fix the flies”

Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An ideal stop for the hungry traveller just off exit 3 on the N7, whether you're enjoying a leisurely lunch or relaxing over an evening meal, this unique landmark provides a welcoming ambiance and a wide selection of succulent dishes. Choose from speciality dishes like our signature steak on a stone or freshly oven cooked thin based pizzas. Open daily from 11am.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went to lunch in browns bar last Monday. The carvery looked very appealing and I decided to have a sandwich and salad which looked delicious. What changed my mind was the flies around the place. I then decided instead of the sandwich to have a hot meal as it was extremely off putting. The meal itself was very tasty however having to swat away flies and watch other customers do the same is disgusting. This establishment has a serious issue with flies.It would turn me off eating in browns barn again and I wont be recommending this to my friends, family or work colleagues. I work in this profession and I feel that something needs to be done if not done already about this problem. lovely food, friendly staff completely let down by this.

22  Thank Sean M

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Thought it was a bit quiet for a Saturday night but the food did not disappoint, steaks are superb and cooked weight on the plate! Starter and dessert were equally good. Service excellent too, our waitress Elizabeth was friendly, happy and had a good knowledge of the food, would recommend.

1  Thank stef58
Reviewed 30 July 2014

on way home from monaghan to Kildare we popped in for quick bite..left truly satisfied n would hoghly recommend......service n food fab...

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and me visited Browns barn on sunday evening. The place was quiet busy, the atmosphere was very pleasant and staff was very friendly and helpful. They recommended their evening special warm tuna salad nicoise and that's what we ordered. The tuna steak was cooked to perfect medium with nice crunchy green beens, soft boiled egg with runny yolk. It was one of best meals we had in a long time. I really don't understand the bad previous reviews as we were leaving this place more than happy, we will definitely be back soon :) thanks again for great dinner.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and my fiancé visit Browns Barn for food regularly, the atmosphere is cozy and friendly, staff are always very helpful. The food never dissapoints, it's always prepared to perfection and tastes great! Whether you're stoping for a break or looking to have a nice meal definitely give this place a go!