“Welcome to Dublin” 5 of 5 bubbles

City of a Thousand Welcomes
Ranked #61 of 220 Tours in Dublin
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Little Museum of Dublin for more information on this award-winning civic initiative. We look forward to welcoming you to Dublin.
Pennsylvania
180 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“Welcome to Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an excellent program! We met our ambassador, Ann, at Little museum in Dublin. Ann is a very nice lady. She made us feel very welcome in the city. At the museum, you discussed the place where you want to go for a drink. We had 3 options and chose to go to Grafton St (Bewleys). She told us stories of the city, viking times, the troubles. She also had her little books about Ireland. We learned a lot from her. We enjoyed having Ann as our ambassador. She gave us tips and recommendations. We were together over 1 hour.
I am extremely happy with this program and wish most other cities copy this model.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank teresa3000
Elena_Hall, Guest Relations Manager at City of a Thousand Welcomes, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself so much with Ann. It's great to hear that she helped you learn a lot about Dublin and I hope it made your visit to Dublin even more enjoyable. We hope to welcome you here again soon.

York, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great welcome to Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We arrived in Dublin on Saturday 4th and this was the first thing we did, once we had settled in to our accommodation. We met at the Little Museum, which we have reviewed separately, and were introduced to Austin, our ambassador. We chose to go to Bewley's, which is a beautiful coffee house, where we all enjoyed tea and cake, whilst Austin welcomed us to his city. We are a family of four, with two teenage daughters, and Austin went out of his way to include them in the conversation too. He gave us tips and recommendations on historical sights, walks and Irish music, which were gratefully received. We then walked back towards our accommodation through the Temple Bar area, with Austin pointing things out as we went. All in all, it was a great start to our short stay in Dublin which we would thoroughly recommend. Thank you Austin and City of a Thousand Welcomes!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank yorkyjoe
I'm so glad that you and your family had such a great time with Austin at Bewleys. I'm pleased to hear that you got shown around temple bar - it is such a vibrant, creative area. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Pretoria, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcome to Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

you gonna meet a local volunteer to welcome you .I had a free a cup coffee and a meal nearest coffee shop or restaurant. the little museum has got some basic insight into Dublin History as a city. a must do when you're a first time visitor!!!

Visited May 2012, the website doesn't want me to update with the correct date...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Paulman87
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm glad you had a good time. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Dublin and we look forward to seeing you again.
Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“should be in every city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

It was our first time to Dublin and this was a really great way to learn about Dubin & Ireland. Our Dubliner brought us to Porterhouse where we sampled all their craft beers for free. They were pretty flexible on scheduling since we arrived late due to the ferry. Couldn't recommend it more. I'll probably use this service again when I come back to Dublin.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank kng88
Elena_Hall, Guest Relations Manager at City of a Thousand Welcomes, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you very much for such a lovely review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your time at the Porterhouse and I hope the rest of your visit to Dublin was equally fun. We would be delighted to welcome you back again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A must for all travelers to Dublin (especially solo)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

What a wonderful idea! A visitor to Dublin meets with a local (volunteer) ambassador and you visit over a cup of tea or a pint in a pub. I wish EVERY major city had a program like this. When scheduling the visit, you fill out a simple questionnaire that asks for your age, number of people in your party, hobbies, etc. This information helps an ambassador pick someone with similar interests. I mentioned that I enjoy hiking, running, and reading and was met by my ambassador, Brian, a 5th generation Dubliner. We went to a place called Bewleys where we had a pint and talked for the next 2.5 hours. He gave me some great recommendations of places to go hiking in the near area. We also talked of traveling, the history of Ireland, and life in general. One of the best parts of traveling is meeting new people from different places around the world and learning from them. The "City of a Thousand Welcomes" program makes this easy and enjoyable. Highly recommend for any visitor to Dublin.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Tammy E
Wow! Thank you for such a fantastic review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time with Brian so much. I hope you got a chance to visit some of the hiking locations he mentioned and that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Dublin. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit!