“Tea and chat”

City of a Thousand Welcomes
Ranked #28 of 259 Tours in Dublin
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Little Museum of Dublin for more information on this award-winning civic initiative. We look forward to welcoming you to Dublin.
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Spent a very pleasant and informative couple hours chatting over tea with Brian. The discussions ranged over Irish history, culture, politics, and books as well as the sites of Dublin. This was my first trip to Ireland-- and I hope not my last--and I cannot think of a better or more pleasant introduction to the city and country.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"highlights"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Brian was an informative and friendly Ambassador who made us feel welcome to Dublin. We spoke for hours over a pint and coffee at The Cellar Bar learning about Dublin, Ireland and independence. We highly recommend for all new visitors to Dublin

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My girlfriend and I got drinks with Ruairi at a 5 star hotel and had such a great time learning about Ireland. Neither of us had been to the country before and we really appreciated the open and honest opinions and stories Ruairi had to offer. There was humor, shock, intrigue, detail, insight, and even surprise - a WWII era women's singing group performance right behind us at the bar. I would highly recommend signing up to share a pint with a local through the City of a Thousand Welcomes because you can shape the conversation anyway you want. If you want to shoot the moon, talk sports, get local recommendations, hear stories, Ruairi could do it all.

1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I love meeting locals when travelling abroad and this program lets you do just that. On my first day in Dublin, I met up with Ruairí at the Little Museum of Dublin and he took me to the elegant Merion Hotel around the corner for our chat. I thought I'd have to choose between tea and beer, but it turns out that you can pick anything you want (total budget for two is 30 Euros), so I had an Irish coffee. Ruairí and I chatted for over two hours about Irish culture, my home country, and I can't remember what else. He wrote down a list of recommended pubs to visit in the town centre, as well as some of his favourite attractions, warning me to avoid the overpriced Temple Bar area for dinner. It was everything I expected and more!

2  Thank bigtravelnut
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We (2 couples) began our 10 day trek through Ireland by meeting Rurairi our "ambassador" and went to the Merion Hotel where we were regaled by amusing stories and interesting political and cultural details that are unavailable in any guidebook. We enjoyed cocktails and apps gratis! Rurairi was a font of info. The time flew by. If you are able, I heartily encourage you to book this amazing experience. Hopefully you, too, will meet our guide. What an amazing way to begin our visit to this most wonderful country.

1  Thank maddygirl621