“Irish Night at the Arlington (O'Connell Bridge)”
Review of Celtic Nights

Celtic Nights
Ranked #9 of 72 Concerts & Shows in Dublin
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was a wonderful experience - I took a lot of pictures - NONE of them could capture the whirlwind dancers, the wonderful Craik - the music - they are all a BLUR - I'm a bit socially phobic - so at first did not think I'd be able to enjoy this - as tables are all "open seating" - however, my waitress placed me in a wonderful sit - up a small level - on my own- and this was perfect for me - the food was "fine" - not 5 star - but definitely edible - I chose a presentation of fruit trio - a creamed chicken dish and skipped desert (since I was going through at LEAST 5 Cadbury bars a day :) - and I was TOTALLY lost in the performance - oh it was wonderful - as I said in the Blog I wrote about this trip - "It got me in touch w/all the things in me that are Irish - at times tears sprang to my eyes at the wonderfulness of the music and dancing." I soon found myself pounding my table along w/everyone else in the beat - and happily enjoying the company of another lone soul who was seated w/me (they ran out of room at the communal tables) - This was a WONDERFUL experience - and well worth the Euros - I'd go back again and again.

4  Thank Sara-Elisebeth F
in 10 reviews
"great craic"
"well worth the money"

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went to the ones in OConnell street and it was a dream come true. If you don't want to go for the 3 course dinner, ask them to have a one-course dinner and they may meet your requirements!

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We went to the show and enjoyed the music and dance, but would rather have just seen that, then have the food. The Irish stew was more of a soup and the prawn cocktails were shrimp on bread.

Real shame, as our server was nice and offered us other food, but didn't feel it would get any better with the other meals they had on offer.

Hope they really get their food sorted as the show deserves better support for all the hard work and excellence they are providing.

1  Thank DebbieBridge
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Went to this on recommendation of friends and we were not disappointed. I pre-booked/paid for our table as a surprise for my wife with a sit down time of 7.30pm. My wife is vegetarian and there was a very limited choice for her on the set 3 course menu. Food was decent for mass catering and the music and dancing were excellent. The service was very good and efficient (thanks Leah) Only hiccup was at the end of the night our bill included the price of the meal which I had pre-paid. Luckily I still had the e-mail on my phone with the confirmation number on so this was sorted out but took a bit of the shine off the surprise for my wife.

There are more reviews on the hotels own website for this night out

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We picked this night of dinner and a show partly due to it being the only one available on a Monday evening. We are very glad we took the opportunity. The food was quite good, I had the pork belly (meat from the ribs back in the states, no bones) very tasty, my wife had the chicken, average. The soup for starters was very good(cream of vegetable), and I'm not a soup person. The service was good and efficient, and relaxing. The music was excellent, lead singer great voice. The dancers came out after the first hour, then came and left during the next hour. The dancers were quite enjoyable. Fine evening all around.

The price was 33E per person for dinner and show.

2  Thank russ3950