“More than a bit poncy”

Pygmalion Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1,459 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“More than a bit poncy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Friends and I went here for drinks as we wanted somewhere we would get seats and actually be able to hear each other talk.

The clientele and the staff are all a bit too cool for school for my liking and more than a bit over the edge of 'urban hipster', but I went with it. The place was busy but not jammed for a Thursday night which was good.

At one point the music was insanely loud as a speaker right over our heads got turned way up. I asked a passing waiter to turn it down and Im still not sure if I was laughed at... but I think I might have been. Eventually, it was turned down after we complained some more.

It was quite a long wait to get drinks at the bar and the cocktails were all ice and very little alcohol but hey, they looked pretty. Empty glasses were cleared away as they were still in your hands so a bit over eager in my book.

I probably wont be going back unless dragged to be honest.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Orla B

“Pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good quality tasty food thats not too expensive. Expect to wait a bit for service as its always busy.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank stephiefitz
Wicklow, Ireland
“Nightclub and Late Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Late bar and nightclub but expect a wait as queues are very long. Great night out. Didn't eat at the restaurant.

Visited January 2014
“Family friendly restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Food is good and very good value. Friendly service but not always perfect. Very child and pram friendly. Good place to go if you want to feel comfortable with small kids.

• Visited April 2014
“What's going on?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I can't even start to imagine what's happening going on behind the scenes at Pyg that service had got so bad.

Fair enough when you're busy things get a bit edgy, so the manic need bar service I'll accept. However, to be to told by the waitress that '[she's] too busy to take your tapas order". Then, 15mins later that the offer - printed on the menu - is not available - at all. Followed by "I've just been told we don't serve tapas desserts at all, I don't know since when. Maybe it's because we're busy."

Shocked and worried about the sustainability of Pyg's business model.

• Visited April 2014