“Friendly staff - good smoking area”
Review of cassidy's

cassidy's
Ranked #678 of 2,559 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Bar, Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol
limerick
“Friendly staff - good smoking area”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean. Prices average for Dublin. Nice pint and cold bottles. Large comfortable smoking area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LimerickBill72

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the coolest bars I've been to”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Considering I was there around Christmas time, and the bar was extremely busy, the service was fantastic. It had the right amount of staff for the amount of people in the bar and I never waited more than a couple of minutes for a drink.

Really cool atmosphere in there with writing on the walls and board games at all the tables - felt like a coffeeshop in Amsterdam with the relaxed atmosphere, but still lively and buzzing with people.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank RS1991
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Liked it enough to Return!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We found this nice little place like a needle in a haystack. We were initially cautious about going in not sure whether was a pub or not. As we were considering it a well dressed business man came out stating it was a nice place with nice staff inside and they would let us come in to look around if we wanted. The outside was curious with comic book characters all over. Inside there was writing all over the walls as if someone has had a manic writing fit. There were many someones with all sorts of messages which added to feel and character of the place. The furniture had a a very old living room feel as if many many had been welcomed here which was how we were made to feel. The places smelled and appeared spotlessly clean. There was fire places and candles which added to its warmth and welcoming atmosphere. Games were also available to play. There was a large selection of on tap beers. The bar tender was warm and friendly. We were also given snacks. We commented several times on the trip that this place was on the top our list for favorite things in Dublin. We liked it so well we invited my nephew for a drink and a visit on our second stop here as he is currently living in Dublin. We would definitely return and recommend it to others.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tracy B
Rome
“Good music, drinks and atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I liked the place as soon as I saw the Starwars and comicbook murals. It helped that the music selection was diverse, but never that annoying poppy stuff, and the drinks were great. The bartenders are fast and friendly.

Visited January 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Cool place, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Nice laid back atmosphere as a pub should be. Lovely comfortable lounging chairs if you want to chill and chat or play board games, they have all the old classics available if you are in the mood. Pints are good quality. I know they do some food, I've only witnessed pizza and that seemed really popular. Background CD music playing is usually good (I guess that depends on your taste). They've got some comfortable 'outdoor' seating at the front; good for smoking or chilling if the weather is good enough. I've been to Cassidys a few times now and I will come back again.

• Visited March 2012